Château Saint‐Jean Lez Durance, "Pimayon" rosé, Pierrevert AOP, organic wine, 2020, from € 12,55
The Château Saint Jean Lez Durance "Pimayon" rosé is an organic wine made from grapes grown in the estate's best vineyard. It is a delightful, fruity-fresh rosé with rich scents and aromas and a harmonious taste.
Organic wine - profile
- Eye: light pink with orange highlights
- Nose: iseductively of citrus fruits, exotic fruits.
- Mouth: generous, rich, harmonious, all components are balanced, with a lasting taste.
- Recommended Serving: please never serve colder than 10 ° C.
Organic wine - processing, Château Saint Jean Lez Durance, Pimayon, Pierrevert AOP, rosé
The terroir of Pimayon is located on the highest of the 7 hills, where Jean Giono (a French writer born near the Château Saint Jean les Durance in Manosque) was walking. The vines grow there on barren, but always sunny ground with exceptional thermal amplitudes. The wines are fine and aromatic.
Because of the high temperatures that still occur in Provence in September, the grape harvest is done at night with harvesters or manual during the late evening until complete darkness at cooler temperatures. Then follows a relatively elaborate winemaking to achieve the best possible wine. First the grapes are squeezed very gently and gently, then subjected to a short cold maceration in thermoregulated stainless steel tanks, during which important stabilizing enzymes are formed and the colorants from the berry skins are transferred to the juice. The juice is then slowly fermented in stainless steel tanks at a low temperature.
The wine at a glance
- Wine-Type: rosé wine
- Region of porduction: Pierrevert, Provence
- Producer: Château Saint Jean Lez Durance
- Grape varieties : Syrah 50 %, Grenache 50 %
- Aging: stainless steel tanks
- Bottling : at the Château
- Net quantity in liter: 0,75
- Closure : Synthetic tap
- Vintage: 2020
- Shelf life: uo to 3 years from vintage
- Alcohol in % Vol.: 13
- Vegan suited
- Allergenes: contains Sulphite
- organic wine certified FR-BIO-09
- Biowein-pur sources this wine directly from the Château Saint Jean Lez Durance, 04100 Manosque, France
For information and Photos of Château Saint Jean les Durnace