1 l = 19.47 €
Château Saint Jean Lez Durance, Pimayon blanc Pierrevert AOP, organic wine, 2019, from 14.20
The Château St. Jean Lez Durance Pimayon blanc with its greenish-golden color, we recognize the modern winemaking method in this white organic wine. The grapes used for this wine come from the bew vigneyard called Pimayon in the appellation Pierrevert AOP, through which a unique aromatic diversity has been achieved. The young winemaker Jean-Guillaume knew how to integrate the light, fruity components into a relatively full-bodied wine. Very remakably.
Gold medal Concours général agricole Paris 2019
Organic wine - profile
- Colour: Greenish shimmer with golden reflections
- Nose: fine, elegant, freshly scented with white flowers, butter biscuits and mineral notes.
- Mouth: Lively with subtle, well-integrated acidity, aromas of fresh almonds and olives. Long lasting taste. Serving suggestions: Serve at 10 to 12° C, Fits for starters, vegetable or potato gratin, fish and white meat, young hard cheese
- Vegan suited
Organic wine - processing, Château Saint Jean les Durance, Pimayon, Pierrevert, AOP , white
In September, even the higher parts of Haut Provence can still be quite hot. Therefore, the grape harvest is done by hand and machine from the late evening till complete darkness at cooler temperatures. The grapes are transported as quickly as possible to the nearby winery. There, the berries of the Grenache and Cinsault-grapes are completely separated from stems and panicles, then pre-clarified in cold maceration. This is followed by alcoholic fermentation at controlled temperature. During a ripening period on the lees, this organic wine is stirred regularly, then lightly filtered and bottled.
By the way: Nearby is the Lac des Vannades, an artificial lake created in 1989 by the dredging of the gravel in the riverbed of the Durance. Today, the lake serves holiday makers and recreation seekers as a bathing lake. Another attraction is the nearby Gorges du Verdon. For hikers, climbers or kayakers and nature lovers a worthwhile destination. By the way, you could visit the Château Saint Jean-Lez Durance, hand over a greeting from us, taste wines and take a bottle or two with you.
The wine at a glance
- Wine type: white wine, dry
- Production area: Provence Pierrevert
- Grape varieties: Grenache blanc 30 %, Roussanne 20 %, Viognier 50 %
- Winery: Château Saint Jean Lez Durance
- Maturation: matured in a stainless steel tank
- Bottling: at the Château
- Quantity in liters: 0,75 l
- Vintage: 2019
- Shelf life: until 2024
- Suitable for vegans
- Allergens: contains sulphites
- Certified organic FR-BIO-09
- We source this wine this wine directly from the Château Saint Jean lez Durance in 04100 Manosque, France
For information and images of Château Saint-Jean Lez Durance