1 l = 0.02 €
Château St. Jean lez Durance Pierrevert AOP, Pimayon, red, organic wine, 2018, from € 14,55
The Château Saint Jean lez Durance Pimayon red is a generous organic wine with unbelievable fullness, with complex, rich aromas in perfect harmony in a long lasting finish.
Organic wine - profile
- Eye: deep violet colour in adolescent age, then increasingly changing to purplish red.
- Nose: intense scent of ripe fruit, dried fruit, cocoa, black pepper, roasted coffee and subtle wooden scents.
- Mouth: generous, rich, concentrated. With aromas of licorice, dark chocolate. Generates a balsamic mouthfeel, velvety, fleshy, dense, silky-soft tannins, full-bodied, full-bodied, intense and long on a finish.
- Recommended Serving:at 16-17° C. It goes well with dark, braised meat with gravy, mature cheeses, richly spiced dishes and rich stews.
Awarded organic wine
Guide Bettane et Desseauve des Vins de France 2017 : 14/20
Le guide Hachette des vins 2017 : 1 étoile(s)
Organic wine - processing, Château St. Jean lez Durance, Pierrevert AOP, Pimayon, red
The terroir of Pimayon is located on the highest of the 7 hills, where Jean Giono (a French writer born near the Château Saint Jean les Durance in Manosque) was walking. The vines grow there on barren, but always sunny ground with exceptional thermal amplitudes. The wines are fine and aromatic.
Because of the high temperatures that still occur in Provence in September, the grape harvest is done at night with harvesters or manual during the late evening until complete darkness at cooler temperatures. Then follows a relatively elaborate winemaking to achieve the best possible wine. First, the grapes are very gently squeezed then subjected to a cold maceration in thermo-regulated stainless steel tanks, forming important stabilizing enzymes. Subsequently, the mash is slowly fermented without stems and panicles in stainless steel tanks at low temperature. The pomace floating on the liquid is often pushed into the mash. After fermentation, the wine matures both in large barrels (foudres) and in barriques.
The wine at a glance
- Wine-Type: red wine
- Region of porduction: Pierrevert, Provence
- Producer: Château Saint Jean lez Durance
- Grape varieties : Syrah 50 %, Grenache 30 %, Carignan 20 %
- Aging: in large wooden barrels an in barriques
- Bottling : Château Saint Jean lez Durance
- Quantity: 0.75 l
- Closure : Synthetic stopper
- Vintage: 2018
- Shelf life: up to 8 years from vintage
- Alcohol: 15 % vol.
- Vegan suited
- Allergenes: contains Sulfites
- Organic wine certified FR-BIO-09
- Biowein-pur sources this wine directly from the Château Saint Jean Lez Durance, 04100 Manosque, France
For information and Photos of Château Saint Jean les Durnace