Château Saint‐Jean Lez Durance, "Vannades" rosé, Pierrevert AOP, organic wine, 2020, from € 12,25
The Château Saint Jean Lez Durance Les Vannades rosé is a fine organic wine made from grapes that grow on mineral-rich soil and are cultivated and treated both organically and biodynamically.
Organic wine - profile
- Eye: pale salmon pink
- Nose: impressive with scents of exotic fruits, grapefruit and mineral notes.
- Mouth: intense, soft, very fruity taste in a light body, with a fresh appearance with notes of citrus fruits and lemon blossom.
- Recommended Serving: please serve at 8-10 ° C. Goes well with a spinach and ricotta lasagna.
Organic wine - processing, Château Saint Jean Lez Durance, Vannades, Pierrevert AOP, rosé
The Les Vannades vineyard is located on the plain on the north bank of the Durance, very close to the winery. The vines grow there on alluvial land. The grapes are harvested at night with harvesting machines, as the temperatures here in September are still too high for a daytime harvest to be able to produce fresh, fearful rosé wines from the grapes. First, the grapes are squeezed very gently and gently, then subjected to a brief cold maceration in thermoregulated stainless steel tanks, during which important stabilizing enzymes are formed and the colorants from the berry skins pass into the juice. The juice is then slowly fermented in stainless steel tanks at a low temperature. The young wine then matures from the yeast for a few months and is then lightly filtered just before bottling.
The wine at a glance
- Wine-Type: rosé wine
- Region of porduction: Pierrevert, Provence
- Producer: Château Saint Jean Lez Durance
- Grape varieties : 50 % Grenache, 30 % Syrah, 20 % Cinsault
- Aging: stainless steel tanks
- Bottling : at the Château
- Net quantity in liter: 0,75
- Vintage: 2020
- Shelf life: uo to 3 years from vintage
- Alcohol in % Vol.: 13
- Vegan suited
- Allergenes: contains Sulphite
- organic wine certified FR-BIO-09
- Biowein-pur sources this wine directly from the Château Saint Jean Lez Durance, 04100 Manosque, France
For information and Photos of Château Saint Jean les Durnace