Château La Vivonne Bandol rosé, organic wine in conversion, from € 18.70
Bandol is a small appellation in the very south of Provence and is famous for its excellent red wines that have a very long shelf life. This Château La Vivonne Bandol rosé is no less recommended, but you shouldn't store it that long.
- Colour: pale pink with salmon hues
- Nose & mouth: fine and clear fragrance of apricots and peaches, notes of citrus provide a nice freshness. These flavors can also be tasted pleasantly on the palate and in the mouth. All in all a beautiful, rich rosé that despite its density appears light and elegant.
- Recommendations:for maximum enjoyment, you should not serve this wine too cold, but at 9 to 11 ° C .
- Grape variety: 65 % Mourvedre, 35 % Grenache
Organic wine processing Bandol AOC, rosé
The Bandol appellation vineyards are of exceptional quality, which enables the grapes grown on them and the wines made from them to be made from the Mourvedre grape vine. This also applies to this rosé, which was made from a blend of 65% Mourvedre and 35% Grenache. During the growing season, the less well-developed grapes are cut to reduce the amount of harvest and thus improve the wine quality. The grape harvest is carried out manually and at the same time the grapes are selected. So that they don't crush, they are transported to the winery in small boxes. There the berries are separated from stems and panicles, pressed immediately. The grape juice then macerates together with the berry skins at 15 ° C for a few hours, whereby the dyes required for the rosé pass into the juice and, at the same time, important natural enzymes are formed, which give the later wine stability and a more intense taste. The wine then matures in enamelled concrete tanks for 5 months without contact with oxygen. This rosé not filtered before bottling.
The wine at a glance
- Wine type: rosé wine
- Region of production: Côte d'Azur, Bandol, Provence
- Producer and bottler: Château La Vivonne
- Grape variety: Mourvedre, Grenache
- Fermentation and aging: in in enamelled concrete tanks
- Net content: 0,75 l
- Closure: plastic cork
- Allergens: contains sulphites
- Alcohol content: 13 % vol.
- Certified FR-BIO-01
- We obtain this organically produced wine directly from the Château La Vivonne, 3345 Montée du Château, 83330 Le Castellet, France
For Information and photos of Château La Vivonne