1 l = 29.00 €
Domaine de la Vallongue, Les Baux de Provence,AOP, Pierres Cassées, red, organic wine, 2017, from € 21.35
The name of this organic wine reveals that the Domaine de la Vallongue Les Baux de Provence AOP Pierres Cassées red has grown on stony ground, to which it owes part of its high quality.
Organic wine - profile
- Color: intense, deep dark, purplish-ruby red color.
- Nose: delicious red wine from the Les Baux de Provence appellation. It takes you to the vineyard called "broken stones" (Pierres Cassées) - in which old vines are rooted deep in stony, mineral-rich soil. From here comes the mineral notes, which are complemented by a rich and complex bouquet of black currants, blackberries and nuances of vanilla, spices and delicate notes of oak barrels in which this wine lingers for some time.
- Mouth: velvety, concentrated texture with a wonderful play of elegance, ripe fruit and fine spices ending in a long finish.
- Drink recommendation: Enjoy it now at 16 ° C or up to 9 years from vintage.
Organic wine - preparation, Domaine de la Vallongue, Les Baux de Provence, AOP, Pierre Cassées, red
Since the Grenache grapes ripen earlier than the Syrah grapes, the start of the harvest for each variety is given only when they are optimally ripe. The grapes are harvested by hand and brought in small containers for wine production in the nearby winery. Here, the stems and panicles are separated from the berries first. This is followed by 3 to 4 weeks fermentation of the mash in stainless steel tanks. Then the wine is separated from the pomace (berry skins and kernels). Soon after, malolactic fermentation begins, converting the malic acid into lactic acid. This is a mandatory process for red wines, which makes them appear rounder and fuller in flavor. The aging of the young wine (75%) is also done in stainless steel tanks and only (25%) in 225 l oak barrels. During this ripening period, the wines refine themselves, without assuming an excess of woody flavors, but gaining in complexity.
The organic wine at a glance
- Wine type: red wine, dry
- Production area: Les Baux de Provence
- Winery: Domaine de la Vallongue
- Grape varieties: Syrah 70%, Grenache 30%
- Aging: matured in stainless steel and barriques
- Bottling: at the Domaine de la Vallongue
- Quantity: 0,75 l
- Closure: natural cork
- Vintage: 2017
- Shelf life: until 2024
- Alcohol: 14 % vol.
- Suitable for vegans
- Allergens: contains sulfites
- Certified FR-BIO-10
- We obtain this wine directly from the Domaine de la Vallongue in 13810 Eygalières, France
- For more information and photos from Domaine de la Vallongue