1 l = 15.93 €
Romanin Alpilles IGP rosé, bio-dynamic wine, Château Romanin, 2020, from € 11,55
IGP (Indication Géographique Protégée) is a protected designation of origin with geographical indication - formerly Vin de Pays. In this case, it is the Alpilles, a small and limestone mountains south of Avignon. On its slopes, the grapes froeurish for the Château Romanin Alpilles IGP rosé.
Biodynamic wine - profile
- This is what it looks like: salmon pink with a nice sheen
- This is how it smells: The fruity scents of peach, apricot and wild strawberry are accompanied by floral notes reminiscent of lilac, wisteria and lily of the valley.
- This is how it tastes: The taste is fresh and firm with a slightly mineral finish and aromas of delicately caramelized aromas of strawberries and apricots.
- My drinking recommendation: Serve this wine at 8 to 10 ° C. and if you like, serve it with a tartare of tuna seasoned with fresh ginger, a spicy anchovy sauce, or an aioli.
Biodynamic wine - processing, Château Romanin, IGP Alpilles Rosé
The different grape varieties for this Demeter organic wine are each harvested by hand at a perfect degree of ripeness and then cooled to 10 ° C for 24 hours in a cold chamber and then selected again. The grapes are pressed lightly and slowly; during a short maceration at 10 ° C, the must clears itself and forms enzymes that ensure clear fruity notes in the wine and reduce the need for sulphurisation. Then the must is separated from the solid components of the grapes and fermented at 18 to 20 ° C in stainless steel tanks. The lactic acid fermentation that usually follows is suppressed by means of cold. The wine is then matured for six months on its lees in stainless steel tanks with repeated stirring. Then this wine is only lightly filtered (without proteins of animal origin) and bottled.
The biodynamic wine at a glance
- Type of wine: rosé
- Region of production: Saint Remy de Provence
- Varieties: Grenache 70 %, Counoise 30 %.
- Producer and bottler: Château Romanin
- Content: 0.75 l
- Closure: natural cork
- Vintage: 2020
- Shelf life: 2023
- Alcohol: 13% vol.
- Suited for vegans
- Allergens: Contient du sulphite
- organic certified FR-BIO-01 as well as from Demeter et Biodyvin
- We source this wine direct from Château Romanin, 12310 Saint Remy de Provence, France
For information and impressions of Château Romanin