1 l = 18.60 €
Château Romanin, Alpilles IGT, biodynamic wine, white, 2020, from € 13.55
The Château Romanin Alpilles IGT white is "only" a relatively expensive country wine, but of far above average quality. Quality of organic wine is mainly due to careful work in the vineyard and low yields. Strict adherence to the Demeter guidelines for biodynamic wine production at Château Romanin requires a tremendous amount of extra effort to produce a valuable and pure biodynamic white wine.
Biodynamic wine - profile
- Color: white with pale pink reflections.
- Nose: fine and complex scents of Grapefruit, peach, apricot, litchie.
- Mouth: very characteristic wine in the style of the Château Romanin. Mild with pleasant acidity and with such a long aftertaste.10 to 12 ° C
- Drinking recommendation: Serve it with 10 to 12 ° C.
Biodynamic wine - processing, Château Romanin, Alpilles IGT white
The bio-dynamic way of working is not new to the Château Romanin, as it was already introduced in 1988. Different soil conditions in the vineyards of the Château Romanin make it necessary to decide at the time of vines planting which grape variety is most suitable for which type of soil. This, together with low yields, is crucial for producing high quality organic wines later on. Obviously, it was decided correctly. No less important for the achievement of fine drops is a careful work in the vineyard. This includes pruning in winter, binding shoots in spring and thinning shoots and grapes during growth and ripening. In the bio-dynamic viticulture, but also in the bio-dynamic winemaking all activities are carried out in a certain state of the stars. In the basement, the intervention in the natural history is limited to a minimum. The stems and panicles are separated from the berries, which are easily crushed and macerated at a cold temperature. The fermentation then follows spontaneously with endogenous yeasts that are on the berries. After that, the young wine matures for several months in stainless steel tanks. In the spring of the following year, the white organic wine is only slightly filtered, sulphurized and bottled.
The wine at a glance
- Wine type: white wine, dry
- Production area: Les Baux de Provence, south of Saint Remy de Provence
- Producer : Château Romanin
- Varietals: Rolle
- Vinification: in stainless steel tank
- Bottling: at the Château
- Net-weight in liters: 0,75 l
- Closure: natural cork
- Vintage: 2020
- Shelf life: until 2024
- Alcohol: 13 % vol.
- Allergens: contains sulphites
- Certified FR-BIO-01, member of Biodyvin and Demeter.
- We obtain this wine directly from the Château Romanin in France.
More information and images of Château Romanin