1 l = 15.73 €
Domaine du Jas d'Esclans, Coup de Foudres, Côtes de Provence; Cru Classé, organic wine, red, 2014, à partir de 11,20€
In this red organic wine from the Domaine du Jas d'Esclans coup de Foudres, the complex flavors of the different grape varieties are combined with the ripe aromas that accompany the refinement of this Coup de Foudres (foudres in this case are large barrels of oak with a capacity of 5,000 to 9,000 liters) that the wine during a 24-month stay in it give less woody flavors than barriques. It is a sophisticated wine that prepares a lot of drinking pleasure.
- Colour: dark red with hues of brick
- Nose: fruity aromas of red and black berries follow expressive spicy notes of cloves, pepper and leather
- Mouth: aromas of black fruits, licorice and other spices make this wine the perfect accompaniment to braised meats in sauce, especially with venison.
- Drinking recommendation: at 15° C.
- Shelf life: up to 8 years from vintage
- Grape varieties: 40% Syrah, 30% Mourvèdre, 15% Carignan,10% Grenache et 5% Cabernet.
- Alcohol: 13,5 vol.
Organic Wine - Preparation Coup de Foudres, Côtes de Provence Cru Classé
Since the vineyards of the Domaine are right next to the wine cellar, the winemaking can be done without delay, that means immediately without leaving time to oxidation of the grapes and juice. This way the otherwise sulfurization before fermentation can be avoided. The grapes are destemmed and made into mash tuns for fermentation. The fermentation process takes about 10 to 12 days. Then the young wine matures for 24 months in large wooden barrels. It is then filtered without the use of animal proteins and filled in bottles without further air contact.
The wine at a glance
- Wine-type: Red wine
- Grape varieties: 40 % Syrah, 30 % de Mourvèdre, 15 % Carignan, 10 % Grenache, 5 % Cabernet.
- Area of production: Côtes de Provence
- Wine estate: Domaine du Jas d'Esclans
- Alcohol content in % Vol.: 13,5
- Quantity in Liter: 0,75 l
- Vintage: 2014
- Shelf life: ap to 8 years from vintage
- Maturing: in large wooden barrels
- Closure: natural cork
- Bottler: Domaine du Jas d'Esclans, 83920 La Motte, Frankreich
- Vegan suited
- Allergenes: contains sulphites
- We source this wine from de Domaine du Jas d'Esclans
- Organic certification FR-BIO-01
For information and images of Domaine du Jas d'Esclans