1 l = 56.00 €
Domaine de Marcoux, Châteauneuf du Pape AOC, biodynamic wine, red, 2015
93 points by Robert Parker:
This Châteauneuf du Pape AOC from Domaine de Marcoux opens with its distinctive flavors of Châteauneuf du Pape AOC Domaine de Marcoux opens with its prominent aromas of juicy, sweet, ripe, red fruits that are well-structured and elegant. Add to this organic wine the earthy side of the garrigues, a medium body and a mouthfeel like velvet and silk.
The wine at a glance
- Wine-type: Red wine
- Grape varieties: 85 % Grenache, 7 % Mourvedre, 5 % Syrah, 3 % Cinsault
- Region of production: Châteauneuf du Pape, Rhône
- Wine estate: Domaine de Marcoux
- Alcohol in % Vol.: 14,5
- Net quantity in liter: 0,75 l
- Vintage: 2013
- Shelf life: bis 2026
- Maturation: in concrete tanks
- Closure: natural cork
- Bottler: Domaine de Marcoux, 84100 Orange, Rhône.
- Allergenes: contains sulfites
- Vegan suited
- We source this wine directly from the Domaine de Marcoux in Orange, France
- Organic certified FR-BIO-01
Organic wine processing Châteauneuf du Pape, red, 2015
The Domaine de Marcoux has been farmed for many years using biodynamic methods, and winemaking is also based on these principles. For this biodynamic Châteauneuf du Pape come the grapes of more than 50 years old vines from 13 different plots of the Appellation Châteauneuf du Pape. The vintage is done manually depending on the degree of ripeness of the grapes in the various vineyards. It is already selected on the vines and transported immediately in 50 kg containers into the winery. There the berries are separated from the stems and panicles, macerated and fermented at a controlled temperature. During this process, the mash is circulated. This process lasts 15 days to 3 weeks. This organic wine then matures for 18 months in concrete tanks and in 350 l wooden barrels.
For information and images of Domaine de Marcoux