1 l = 15.33 €
Château Rioublanc, Bordeaux AOC, Cuvée Eduard, organic wine, red, 2016, from € 10.80
As befits a good Bordeaux, this Château Rioublanc Cuvée Edouard Bordeaux Superieur is made from the best grape varieties in the region, Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon. One third of this wine even matured in barriques, which are usually reserved for more expensive Bordeaux wines. This red wine combines all the characteristics of a good Bordeaux, but has less tannins and can therefore be served the same, but also be stored for a few years.
Gold medal Concours Mondial de Bruxelles 2018
Organic wine - profile:
- Color: deep garnet red.
- Nose: intense aromas of blackcurrants, blackberries, liquorice, pepper, cocoa, with a touch of wood.
- Mouth: Very balanced on the palate, still fresh, but with maturing maturity (2018) rounder, elegant with finely honed tannins, a nice, long and fresh aftertaste.
- Drinking recommendation: please serve this Bordeaux at 16° C, decant it or let it come into contact with air in a large-bellied glass a little longer so that it releases its aromas and makes us altogether more open. Enjoy in matching dishes, as they do in Bordeaux.
Organic wine - processing, Château Rioublanc, Bordeaux superieur, Cuvée Edouard
The quality of a wine is created primarily in the vineyard through proper processing of the soil and the vines, taking into account the climate and weather conditions. For this, the Château Rioublanc has a well-trained team of permanent employees. The grape harvest is done mechanically with subsequent sorting by hand and an automatic sorting system of the type Mistral, which works with the help of air.
The vines are planted with a density of 5000 plants per hectar, the harvest yield of 52 hl / hectare of vines is about 180,000 liters of Bordeaux wine. After the harvest, the grapes are freed from the panicles and after 24 hours, the independently spilled juice to which the still whole berries are added in the so-called cold maceration at 13° C, then spontaneously fermented without the addition of foreign yeasts. This process lasts 5 days and facilitates the subsequent pressing. During this time, a regular pumping of the mash, whereby as many ingredients from the berries go into the must. The fermentation is then continued for a further 10 days and then the wine is separated from the berry husks and seeds by gentle pressing. After the end of the lactic fermentation, which is also called malolactic fermentation, 2/3 of the wine matures in tanks for one year and 1/3 in French oak barrels. Before bottling in September of the following year is filtered only slightly.
The organic wine at a glance
- Type of wine: red wine dy
- Region of production: Bordeaux
- Producer: Chateau Rioublanc
- Grape varieties: Merlot 67%, Cabernet Sauvignon 33%, Cabernet Franc 6%, Malbec 4%. Number of vines: 5,000 per hectare.
- Aging: in lage wooden barrels and in barriques
- Bottling: at the Château Rioublanc
- Quantity: 0.75 l
- Closure: Natural cork
- Vintage: 2016
- Shelf life: up to 10 years from vintage
- Analysis: Alcohol: 13 % vol., PH 3.59, SO2 free 26 mg/l, Residual sugar 0 g>/l.
- Allergenes: contains sulfites
- Certified FR-BIO-01
- We source this wine directly from the Château Rioublanc, 33910 St Ciers d' Abazac, France.
For information and impressions of Château Rioublanc