1 l = 18.08 €
Château de Bayle, Bordeaux rosé, organic wine in reconversion, 2018, from € 16,55
Château de Bayle Bordeaux rosé is a very exceptional rose, produced by the biodynamic method of Serge and Claudine Chauveau.
Organic wine - profile
- Colour: light rose with orange reflections
- Nose: intense fruity scents of white and yellow peach and apricot.
- Mouth: very balanced with rich aromas, round, supple on the palate, refreshing, persistent in the taste.
- Drinking recommendation: Serve it at around 10 ° C, it also goes well with fine food, appetizers, seafood
Organic wine processing, Château de Bayle, Bordeaux rosé
Of course, the grapes were harvested by hand and immediately squeezed and pressed. The extracted from the shells of the berries color was sufficient to dispense with further maceration in the mash. The must fermented with the natural yeasts, so without pure yeast, so that one can speak of a real terroir wine. With a repeated decanting (transfer from one amphora to another), a clear and shiny wine was produced without any filtering, ie without the addition of filter aids. Apart from a small amount of sulfur, nothing was added to this rosé.
The wine at a glance
- Wine type: Rosé, dry
- Area of production: Bordeaux
- Producer : Château de Bayle
- Grape variety: Cabernet Sauvignon
- Fermentation: spontaneously with the grape's own yeast
- Maturing: in clay amphores
- Bottling: at the Chateau
- Quantity: 0,75 liter
- Closure: natural cork
- Vintage: 2018
- Shelf life: four years from vintage
- Alcohol: 13% vol.
- Suited for vegans
- Certified organic: FR-BIOI-01
- We source this wine directly from the Château de Bayle, Vignoble Chauveau, 33760 Targon, France
See more information and photos from Château de Bayle