Château La Croix Taillefer, Pomerol, pure organic wine, red, 2016, from € 41.80
This organic Pomerol is the top wine of the winemaker Romain Rivierè. As in other wine-growing regions east of the Gironde, the Merlot grape dominates the taste of the wines with its comparatively mild nature (less acid and tannins). The Château Croix la Taillefer Pomerol from the best location is no exception.
- Color: dense purple red color
- Nose: complex and intense bouquet characterized by fruity scents of red berries, blackberries, spicy, nutty and slightly smoky notes..
- Mouth: Full mouth, full-bodied, powerful, spicy, with ripe, soft tannins and good structure. Very aromatic, long lasting taste..
- Drinking recommendation: enjoy it at approx. 16-18 ° C. Decant it or let it breathe in the glass for approx. 1 hour while eating a starter..
Organic wine preparation Pomerol
Romain Rivière shapes his own style, which follows his conviction that wine can only be as good as the grapes used for it.
As a result, the vineyards and the vines are carefully monitored all year round and treated and cared for with extreme care.
Logically, this effort continues with the manual wine harvest. Then they are carefully sorted on a sorting table by 4 employees.
The grapes' own yeasts are used to ferment the mash. This process is gentle and takes 4 weeks. This red organic wine then matures for 18 months in barriques of different ages, which were previously occupied once or twice. This creates natural enzymes that not only create more intense and complex aromas,
but also stabilize the wine and let it age well.
The wine at a glance
- Wine type: red wine
- Production area: Pomerol, Bordeaux
- Winery - Producer: Château La Croix Taillefer
- Grapes: 95 % Merlot, 5 % Cabernet Franc
- Fermentation and aging: in stainless steel vat and barriques
- Bottler: Original Château La Croix Taillefer
- Net fill volume in liters: 0.75 l
- Closure: natural cork
- Vintage: 2016
- Can be stored: until 2030
- Alcohol content: 15% vol.
- Suitable for vegans
- Allergenes: contains sulfites
- organic certified FR-BIO-001
- We obtain this wine directly from SARL La Croix Taillefer, 56 route de Périgueux, 33500 Pomerol, France
For information and photos of the Château La Croix Taillefer