Château Moulin du Sud, Bordeaux Superieur, pure organic wine, red, 2019, from € 11,45
Romain Rivierè, winemaker of the Château Croix la Taillefer in Pomerol, also owns a few hectares of vines outside of this renowned appellation. The grapes for this unusually tasty Château Moulin du Sud Bordeaux Blanc come from these vineyards.
Organic wine - profile
- Color: very light yellow with green hues
- Nose: diverse scents of freshly mown grass, green leaves of currants, white flowers, fruity-spicy aromas and a light yeast tone can be felt, after all he spent some time with her.
- Mouth: the first contact is pleasant, soft and pleasant on the palate, with mouth-filling aromas. Very balanced with nice freshness.
- Drinking recommendation: Enjoy this white wine at 9-11 ° C, It can be combined with a variety of dishes, be it fresh goat cheese, seafood, vegetarian dishes, fish from the pan, white meat.
Organic wine - preparation Bordeaux Blanc
The grapes are harvested by hand and brought to the winery for further processing in small boxes and not in large transport containers. In this way they arrive there unharmed without part of their juice leaking out. This is the first step to avoid premature oxidation of the juice.
The second is done by pressing the grapes with a modern wine press, with which the grapes can be pressed with the help of an inert gas without contact with oxygen. So far, only very small additions of sulfite are required.
The winemaker Romain Rivierè cannot do more to produce a fresh, fruity white wine.
Then the fermentation begins spontaneously with the grape's own yeast, without which no real "terroir wine" can be produced. They grow on the grapes and they differ from year to year depending on the external conditions, ensuring that wines differ from year to year, even though they are grown from the same grape varieties and on the same soil.
This white organic wine then matures in stainless steel tanks on its fine yeast, with which it is stirred regularly.
This creates a fine, very complex white Bordeaux which, apart from the grape varieties, has nothing in common with often uniform wines and which, due to its quality, would have to cost considerably more.
The wine at a glance
- Wine type: white wine
- Production area: Bordeaux
- Winery - Producer: Château Moulin du Sud
- Grapes: Sauvignon Blanc 60 %, Semillon 20 %, Sauvignon Gris 20 %
- Fermentation and aging: in stainless steel vat
- Bottler: Original Château Moulin du Sud
- Net fill volume in liters: 0.75 l
- Closure: natural cork
- Vintage: 2019
- Can be stored: until 2023
- Alcohol content: 12 % vol.
- Suited for vegans
- Allergenes: contains sulpites
- organic certified FR-BIO-001
- We obtain this wine directly from SARL La Croix Taillefer, 56 route de Périgueux, 33500 Pomerol, France
For information and photos of the Château Moulin du Sud