1 l = 18.60 €
Poggio Ridente, Ruchè di Castiglione Monferrato DOCG, "San Marziano", organic red wine, 2018, from € 13,45
Although the Ruchè grape is an ancient grape that is native to Piedmont, the Poggio Ridente Ruchè organic wine with its modern characteristics quite corresponds to today's wine taste.
- Colour: The wine has a lively ruby color with yellow-orange highlights.
- Nose: it opens on a delicate aromatic bouquet of roses, shrubs and apricots.
- Palate: These aromas are also noticeable in the mouth, with a poor body and a very pleasant and harmonious taste.
- Recommendations: it will ideally accompany dishes made of tuna or red meat such as a good Brasato Piemontese without forgetting the hard and well-ripened cheeses. Finally for a sweet deal, it will go very well with the typical hazelnut cake of Castagnole, provided that it is not too sweet and the wine Ruchè has aged well. Serve at a temperatur of 15 to 17°C.
Vinification of organic wine Ruché di Castiglione
The grapes are harvested by hand from mid-September, pedunculate and very traditional, but fermented only with grape yeasts for 8 to 10 days. Once the wine is finished, the young wine matures for several months in stainless steel vats and large wooden barrels.
The Wine at a glance
- Wine type: red wine
- Grape variety: Ruchè
- Quantity: 0.75 l
- Region of production: Piedmont
- Vintage: 2018
- Shelf life: up to 8 years from the vintage
- Tasting temperature: 15° C to 17° C
- Alcohol: 13.5% vol.
- Producer and bottler: Poggio Ridente
- Allergens: Contains sulphites
- Organic wine certified by ICEA IT-BIO-006
- We buy this wine directly from Poggio Ridente in 14023 Coconato, Italy
For information and photos of Poggi Ridente