1 l = 19.93 €
Poggio Ridente, Ruchè di Castiglione Monferrato DOCG, "San Marziano", organic red wine, 2014
Although the Ruchè grape is an ancient grape that is native to Piedmont, the Ruchè di Castiglione organic wine with its modern characteristics quite corresponds to today's wine taste.
- Colour: The wine has a lively ruby color with yellow-orange highlights.
- Nose: it opens on a delicate aromatic bouquet of roses, shrubs and apricots.
- Palate: These aromas are also noticeable in the mouth, with a poor body and a very pleasant and harmonious taste.
- Recommendations: it will ideally accompany dishes made of tuna or red meat such as a good Brasato Piemontese without forgetting the hard and well-ripened cheeses. Finally for a sweet deal, it will go very well with the typical hazelnut cake of Castagnole, provided that it is not too sweet and the wine Ruchè has aged well.
Vinification of organic wine Ruché di Castiglione
The grapes are harvested by hand from mid-September, pedunculate and very traditional, but fermented only with grape yeasts for 8 to 10 days. Once the wine is finished, the young wine matures for several months in stainless steel vats and large wooden barrels.
The Wine at a glance
- Wine type: red wine
- Grape variety: Ruchè
- Quantity: 0.75 l
- Region of production: Piedmont
- Vintage: 2014
- Shelf life: up to 8 years from the vintage
- Tasting temperature: 17 ° C to 20 ° C
- Alcohol: 13.5% vol.
- Producer and bottler: Poggio Ridente
- Allergens: Contains sulphites
- Organic wine certified by ICEA IT-BIO-006
- We buy this wine directly from Poggio Ridente in 14023 Coconato, Italy
For information and photos of Poggi Ridente