1 l = 43.47 €
Erbaluna, Barolo DOCG, red, organic wine, 2014/15, from € 32.20
Barolo is one of three of the most famous Italian wines, named after the town of Barolo. This wine is made from 100% Nebbiolo grapes, including this very typical Erbaluna Barolo from the town of Montforte d'Alba, which we visited several times, including several times with our customers.
Organic wine profile
- Color: It reveals a garnet red color with hints of oranges
- Nose: its fragrance evokes violets, roses, ripe plums and truffles. In the background, you can hear the smell of oak barrels.
- Palate: On the palate, you can notice a pleasant acidity, which overflows aromas of red fruits, spices and subtle tannins, which contributes to the structure and the long final note of this organic wine.
- Tasting recommendation: 16 ° C to 18 ° C and let settle an hour before serving.
Organic wine processing, Erbaluna, Barolo
The grapes are harvested manually from mid October to the beginning of November. The fermentation is done in large oak barrels and lasts 4 weeks. After that, the wine ages for at least 24 months in oak barrels with a capacity of 225 to 600 liters. The wine is repeatedly decanted to separate the solid components (mud). In this way, the wine clarifies without being filtered.
The organic wine at a glance
- Wine type: red wine
- Region of production: Piedmont
- Producer and bottler: Erbaluna, Italy
- Grape: Nebbiolo
- Maturing: in barriques of 225 liters and barrels of 600 liters
- Quantity: 750 ml
- Closure: natural cork
- Vintage: 2014/15
- Shelf life: up to 15 years from vintage
- Alcohol: 13.5% vol.
- Vegan suited
- Allergens: Contains sulphites
- wine certified by ECOCERT
For information of Erbaluna