1 l = 17.27 €
Tenuta San Vito, Chianti Colli Fiorentino, DOCG, "Darno" organic redwine, 2016
The Tenuta San Vito Chianti Colli Fiorentino of 2016 is an organic wine awarded by James Suckling with 90 points (out of 100). Here is his translated short description: Compote of red plums, liquorice, spices, medium body, round tannins, fruity finish. Drink now.
90 points James Suckling
- Colour : This Chianti has a light ruby red robe.
- Nose : a basket of ripe fruits and a light touch of violets.
- Palate : Juicy and full-bodied with nice freshness, flavor and ripe tannin, pleasantly sweet.
- Accompanying suggestions : perfectly adapted to typical Tuscan dishes in which tomatoes play the main role.
About Tenuta San Vito
After more than thirty years of vineyard management in biology, the vines are protected from any contact with pesticides and enjoy a soil that no longer contains any trace of chemicals. Therefore, no systemic toxin can reach the grapes and finally the wine via the roots. This is a definite advantage over vineyards recently converted to organic viticulture.
Tenuta San Vito was one of the first winery in Tuscany to take this step, thanks to Laura, who convinced her father Roberto Drighi of this idea. I remember a visit of the vineyards in his company, and his question about the opinion that our customers would be about his wines: they would like his wines, I had answered him, but would they find it probably too expensive . To this remark he explained to me that for him too, the costs of organic viticulture were much higher than for "chemical viticulture".
Since then, Laura has taken over the Tenuta San Vito and after the death of her father, she inherited the cellar with her sister. A few years later, she handed over the management to her nephew Neri Gazulli, who perpetuates this work with passion.
Le vin en un coup d'oeil
- Type of wine : red wine
- Region of production : Toscany
- Wine estate : Tenuta San Vito
- Grape varieties : 90 % Sangiovese, 10 % Canaiolo
- Quantity : 0,75 l.
- Shelf life: 5-6 years.
- Maturing : large wooden casks
- Closure : natural cork
- Serving temperature : 13° à 15°C
- Alcohol : 13% vol.
- Bottler : Tenuta San Vito 50050 Montelupo, Italie
- Allergenes : Contains sulhpites
- Certified organic IT-BIO-014
- Member of A.I.A.B. (Associazione Italiana Agricoltura Biologica
- Suited for vegans
- We source this wine directly from Tenuta San Vito à 50050 Montelupo, Italie
For information and images of Tenuta San Vito