1 l = 17.27 €
Tenuta San Vito, Chianti Colli Fiorentino, DOCG, "Darno" organic redwine, 2016, from € 12.55
The Tenuta San Vito Chianti Colli Fiorentino DOCG "Darno" has been delighting loyal customers for 30 years with fruity aromas, notes of mild spices, round tannins and a long aftertaste.
Quite good wine, but not excellent at the moment of tasting.
Very nice wine of which we would like to have a small supply in the cellar.
An inspiring wine that would not stay in our cellar for long.
Organic wine profile:
- Color : This Chianti has a light ruby red robe.
- Nose : a basket of ripe fruits and a light touch of violets.
- Palate : Juicy and full-bodied with nice freshness, flavor and ripe tannin, pleasantly sweet.
- Accompanying suggestions : perfectly adapted to typical Tuscan dishes in which tomatoes play the main role.
Organic wine - production, Tenuta San Vito, Chianti Colli Fiorentino, Darno DOCG
After more than 35 years of organic cultivation, no residues from previous "sins" (pesticides) can be found in the soil. In addition, the vineyards are surrounded by forest and largely protected from outside influences. As a result, pesticides can hardly get into the vineyards of Tenuta San Vito by direct drift. This is a distinct advantage over vineyards that have recently been converted to organic viticulture or that have been contaminated by neighbors spraying chemicals.
The actual winemaking begins with the grape harvest, which is carried out manually or mechanically, depending on the location of the vineyards. After a 2-week maceration, Sangiovese and Canaiolo grapes produce a fruity red wine with fine tannins. The 12 months of aging in large oak barrels refine this Chianti Darno.
The organic wine at a glance
- Type of wine : red wine
- Region of production : Toscany
- Wine estate : Tenuta San Vito
- Grape varieties : 90 % Sangiovese, 10 % Canaiolo
- Maturing : large wooden casks
- Quantity : 0,75 l.
- Shelf life: 5-6 years.
- Bottler : Tenuta San Vito
- Closure : natural cork
- Vintage: 2018
- Serving temperature : 13° à 15°C
- Alcohol : 13,5 % vol.
- Suited for vegans
- Allergenes : Contains sulhpites
- Certified organic IT-BIO-006
- Member of A.I.A.B. (Associazione Italiana Agricoltura Biologica
- We source this wine directly from Tenuta San Vito à 50050 Montelupo, Italie
For information and images of Tenuta San Vito