Poggio Trevvalle, Morellino di Scansano DOCG, pure organic red wine, 2015


Poggio Trevvalle, Morellino di Scansano DOCG, pure organic red wine, 2015

Product no.: 1059

In stock
Delivery period 1 bis 2 days

12.95 / bottle(s)
Price incl. VAT, plus delivery
Delivery weight: 1.35 kg
1 l = 17.27 €

bottle(s)
1 l = 17.27 €

Poggio Trevvalle, Morellino di Scansano DOCG, organic red wine, 2015

 

Here is a smooth, pleasingly ‘warm’ wine with persistent, fruity notes. It is made from Sangiovese grapes with a small percentage of Cabernet and Grenache, co-harvested in a vineyard planted in the early seventies, together with more Sangiovese harvested from our younger vines. Medium deep ruby red colour, ripe cherry and blood orange on the nose, the palate has a good grip, medium weight but integrated and refreshing tannins, red and dark cherry flavours and a medium to long finish.

Suited for vegans

Grape variety:
97 % Sangiovese, Cabernet Sauvignon & Grenache 3 %.

Alcohol: 14.5 % vol.
Contains sulphites

Organic wine certified ICEA B1910T0000, IT -BIO-006

 

Organic wine processing

The harvest started on September 18th, 2015

Alcoholic fermentation in temperature controlled stainless steel tanks

Malolactic fermentation in concrete tanks

Maturing 8 months in oak casks containing 3.000 liters, followed by few more months in concrete tanks

Maturing in bottles at least 3 months before sale

 

Poggio Trevvalle

The vineyard Poggio cultivates 14 hectares of vineyards. They are in the immediate vicinity and consist of more than 85% Sangiovese and Alicante. The remaining 15% are Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot. The older vines are planted in a density of 3,000 per hectare,  In the vineyard planted in 2000, the number of vines is 6000 per hectare.

The method of growing the vines is called Cordon Royat, it has its origin in France. The vines have a short trunk on which a single branch grows, which is tied to a wire.

So that good grapes can emerge, a healthy soil is an important prerequisite. Since the soil types in the Maremma differ within short distances, the type of cultivation must adapt. In general, the Valle brothers work as little as possible on the vineyards with heavy machinery to keep the soil permeable, elastic and non-dense. becomes.

Harvest - manual grpae picking guarantees that only the best fruits of the vines get into their wines.

Of course, the harvest is done by hand.

Why organic?

Using the best traditional methods and modern scientific knowledge, Umberto and Bernardo Valle believe that it is important to work with nature and to find a healthy, reciprocal balance between agriculture and nature.

Visitors to the two brothers are asking again and again, what is the difference between organic wine and conventional wine? To summarize, it is mainly the treatment of soil and vines in the vineyard that is different and less of how the wine is treated in the cellar.

So that the soil remains healthy and naturally fertile, the vines are not only healthy, but also produced in the best quality for a first-class wine. In addition, the micro fauna and flora in the soil and in the soil are promoted. In the vineyard, no chemicals are used so that no chemicals enter the grapes. In the winery do not use any of the additives that are contained in conventional wines. Also, the amount of sulphites used is far below the legally permitted dose. The end result are  wines that reflect their origins - not the result of chemical manipulation!

For information and images of Poggio Trevvalle

 

Additional product information

Included in the product 0.75

We also recommend

Tenuta San Vito, Chianti Colli Fiorentino DOCG, Darno, pure organic redwine, 2016
10.95 € / bottle(s) *
(1 l = 14.60 €)
Delivery weight: 1.35 kg
Cesani, Chianti Colli Senesi DOCG, organic red wine pure, 2016, box/18 bottles
8.95 € / bottle(s) *
(1 l = 11.93 €)
Delivery weight: 1.35 kg
Torre alle Tolfe, Chianti Colli Senesi DOCG, organic redwine pure, 2015
12.00 € / bottle(s) *
(1 l = 16.00 €)
Delivery weight: 1.35 kg
Chiusa Grande, Montepulciano d'Abruzzo, Roccosecco pure organic redwine, 2011
11.95 € / bottle(s) *
(1 l = 15.93 €)
Delivery weight: 1.4 kg
*
Price incl. VAT, plus delivery

Customers who bought this product also bought

Delivery weight: 1.35 kg
Delivery weight: 1.4 kg
Delivery weight: 1.35 kg
*
Price incl. VAT, plus delivery

Browse these categories as well: Organic wines Tuscany, Organic Red Wine, Organic wine from € 10.00 to € 19.99, Organic wine vegan