1 l = 15.93 €
La Cappuccina, Soave DOC, "Fontego", organic wine, white, 2019, from € 11,55
La Cappuccina is an impressive winery near Verona, which has been producing wonderful organic wines of high quality for many years, such as this La Cappuccina Soave "Fontego".
Gambero Rosso – 2/3 glasses
Slow Wine - Slow Food 2021 guide
Organic wine - profile
- Colour: Bright pale yellow color
- Nose: with a whole raft of Mediterranean flowers in the bouquet (jasmine, chamomile)
- Palate: juicy on the palate with aromas of citrus and pineapple, as well as a fresh and very pleasant finish.
- Serving suggestion: Enjoy it with a temperature of 10 - 12 ° C, and serve it as an aperitif, with starters, fish, white meats, gnocchi or pasta with light sauces.
Organic wine - making, La Cappuccina, Soave Fontego, DOC
Organic wine making Soave Fontego The 90% Garganega, 10% Trebbiano di Soave vines grow in the Fontego vineyard with a remarkably high planting density of 4,800 to 5,400 vines / hectare on volcanic soil with basalt rock underground. They supply approx. 55 hectoliters of grapes per hectare of cultivated area. The grapes are harvested at the end of September, after a careful selection the berries are separated from the panicles and crushed. Juice and berry skins macerate a few hours before the juice is gently pressed from the berry skins and fermented at a cool temperature. After fermentation, this organic soave matures on the yeast in stainless steel tanks for six months.
The wine at a glance
- Wine-Typ: White wine dry
- Region of production: Veneto
- Wine estate: La Cappuccina
- Grape varieties: 90 % Garganega, 10 % Trebbiano
- Vinification: in large vats
- Vintage: 2019
- Shelf life: 4 years from vintage
- Bottler: La Cappuccina
- Net content in liter: 0,75
- Closure: natural cork
- Analysis: Alcohol 12,7 % Vol., residual sugar 2 g/l, Acidity 6,10 g/l, SO2 total 90 mg/l.
- Allergenes: contains sulfites
- Vegan suited
- Organic wine certified IT-Bio-005
- We obtain this wine directly form La Cappuccina in 37032 Costalunga di Monteforte d'Alpone, Italy
For information and photos from La Cappuccina