1 l = 21.27 €
Evaristiano "Aristo" Cannonau di Sardegna DOC, pure organic wine, red, 2017, from € 15.45
A traditional way of working alone does not say anything about the quality of a wine, because in the past not everything was better than today. However, combining them with new knowledge and new technology, planting and cultivating grapevines without chemicals with care and respect, then harvesting healthy grapes, automatically leads to good organic wines like the Evaristiano "Aristo" Cannonau, because that is the crowning conclusion of a full year Job.
Silver medal Cannonau di Sardegna "Aristo" vintage 2017,
International Organic wine trophy
- Color: vivid amaranth-red color with ruby hues
- Nose: magically lusciously scented of ripe fruit - sour cherries, plums blackberries. In the background sweet and spicy notes of myrtle, liquorice and vanilla.
- Mouth: full-bodied, "warm", with a beautiful structure, strong and complex aromas, powerful and soft. Acid, tannin and alcohol are balanced. A wine in perfect harmony.
- Serving recommendation: 15 to 16 ° C, goes well with well seasoned dishes, stews, roast steaks, ripe cheeses.
Organic wine Processing Cannonau di Sardegna
This red organic wine from the Cannonau grape variety (related to the Grenache) has been grown in Sardinia for centuries. In the Evaristiano winery, the vines thrive on loamy soil in close proximity to the Mediterranean, where the wind from different directions helps to protect the grapes from fungal attack. With this location of the vineyards are also the clear temperature differences between day and night, which contribute to the development of pronounced fruity aromas in the grapes. The grapes are harvested by hand from late September to early October. The maceration in stainless steel tanks with the grapes' own yeasts lasts 10 days, with the mash being pumped around daily so that the berries floating on the liquid are always moist and the colors and flavors contained therein can be extracted. The wine is also aged in stainless steel tanks and not in wooden barrels, which preserves the pure fruity aromas of the grapes.
The wine at a glance
- Wine type: red wine, dry
- Production Area: Sardinia
- Winery - Producer: Cantina Evaristiano
- Grapes: Cannonau
- Fermentatioin and aging: stainless steel tank
- Bottler: Cantina Evaristiano
- Net fill volume in liters: 0.75
- Closure: natural cork
- Can be stored: 7 years from vintage
- Alcohol content: 13.5% vol.
- Suitable for vegans
- Allergens: Contains sulfites
- Certified organic wine
- We source this wine from Canatina Evaristiano, Via Madedda 14, Donegala Fenughedu-Oristano, Sardinia, Italy
For information and Photos of Cantina Evaristiano