1 l = 17.27 €
Evaristiano Vermentino di Sardegna DOC "Is Araus", organic wine, white, 2019, from € 12,55
Humility is a characteristic that is not only found in religious people, but also helps organic winegrowers at work in the vineyards to accept the imponderables of nature. This has nothing to do with "laissez-faire", but with the insight that it is more advantageous to act with nature than against it. The religious sisters impressively show how this can be done with the organic wine Evaristiano Vermentino.
Silver medal International Organic wine trophy
Organic wine - profile
- Color: light straw yellow with citrus-colored shimmer
- Nose: seductive, fruity bouquet reminiscent of yellow peach, apricot and pear, with a subtle note of elderberries.
- Mouth: a silky soft, smooth texture caresses the palate with fine fruity aromas. Perfectly balanced, tasteful and lasting.
- Serving recommendation: we enjoy it at a temperature of 9 to 11 ° C. It is wonderful as an aperitif, with starters, fish, light pasta, vegetables and other delicately spiced dishes.° C, goes well with well seasoned dishes, stews, roast steaks, ripe cheeses.
Organic wine - Processing, Evaristiano, Vermentino di Sardegna, "Flora"
Vermentino vines have been native to sardine since Roman times and were able to adapt to the climate in the best possible way. The Cantina Evaristiano vineyard covers 2 hectares and is only 2 km from the center. The soil contains limestone and marl on a hill that slopes towards the sun in a southern direction. The vines are planted at a distance of 0.80 x 2.5 m. The grapes are harvested by hand in the first weeks of September. They are de-stemmed, lightly crushed, they remain in the mash for a few hours and are then pressed and fermented spontaneously at 15 to 18 ° C with the grapes' own yeasts. Then this white organic wine matures in stainless steel tanks until early summer of next year.
The wine at a glance
- Wine type: white wine, dry
- Production Area: Sardinia
- Winery - Producer: Cantina Evaristiano
- Grapes: Vermentino
- Fermentatioin and aging: stainless steel tank
- Bottler: Cantina Evaristiano
- Net fill volume in liters: 0.75
- Closure: natural cork
- Shelf life: 2-3 years from vintage
- Alcohol content: % vol.
- Suitable for vegans
- Allergens: Contains sulfites
- Certified IT BIO 005
- We source this wine from Compagnia delle Figlie del Sacro Cuore Evaristiane, Loc.Putzu Idu, Via Evaristo Madeddu, 43, 09070 San Vero Milis (Oristano) Sardinia, Italy
For information and Photos of Cantina Evaristiano