1 l = 21.27 €
Evaristiano "Flora" Monica di Sardegna DOC, organic wine, red, 2017, from € 15,55
Viticulture is not always easy in Sardinia, because water is scarce, summers are very dry and hot and the soil does not give anything by itself. But In principle, these are good prerequisites for producing organic wine, because this forces the vines to drill their roots deep into the soil. But that takes many years and patience is required. But then you will still find moisture and minerals dissolved in it that give the wine its unique character, such as this Evaristiono Moncica di Sardegna
Silver medal Binu Concorso enologico Nazionale 2016
Organic wine -profile
- Color: Ruby red color with purple hues
- Nose: Rich scent of red fruits with wild blackberries, currants and cherries.
- Mouth: The taste reveals its richness of fruity aromas and its harmony in a balanced balance between freshness and sustainability.
- Serving recommendation: 15 to 16 ° C, with warm starters, light pasta dishes, grilled fish or meat, medium-aged cheeses.
Organic wine - processing, Evarisitiano, Monica di Sardegna DOC, "Flora"
This red wine from the Cantina is made from the Monica di Sardegna grapes, which thrive in a 2 hectare vineyard with loamy soil. The proximity to the Mediterranean Sea means that the daytime temperature drops more than is the case in the center of Sardinia. This favors the formation and concentration of the fruity components in the grapes. They are harvested by hand from mid-September to mid-October. The maceration in stainless steel tanks with the grapes' own yeasts takes 10 days, with the mash being pumped around daily so that the skins of the berries floating on the liquid are always moist and the colors and flavors contained therein can be extracted. The wine is aged in stainless steel tanks and not in wooden barrels, which preserves the pure fruity aromas of the grapes.
The wine at a glance
- Wine type: red wine, dry
- Production Area: Sardinia
- Winery - Producer: Cantina Evaristiano
- Grapes: Monica di Sardegna
- Fermentatioin and aging: stainless steel tank
- Bottler: Cantina Evaristiano
- Net quantitiy: 0.75 l
- Can be stored: 5 years from vintage
- Alcohol content: vol.
- Suitable for vegans
- Allergens: Contains sulfites
- Certified IT BIO 005
- We source this wine from Cantina Evaristiano, Via Madedda 14, Donegala Fenughedu-Oristano, Sardinia, Italy
For information and Photos of Cantina Evaristiano