1 l = 19.33 €
Bodegas Bagordi, Rioja Crianza DOC, Navardia, red, organic wine, 2017, from, 14.10
Also in the Rioja area, it is not self-evident that wines have the body and the ingredients that justify a maturation in oak barrels. The result is wines that smell and taste more like wood and smoke than wine. The harmony of a wine is the prerequisite for acceptance by wine drinkers. It is the result of a good vintage in organic wine, the careful care of the soil and the vines, as well as a winemaking in which no attempt is made to make the wine, to manipulate it, but to let it arise by itself. In this Bodegas Bagordi Rioja Crianza DOC Navardia red you can feel it on the tongue and on the palate.
Organic wine - profile
- Color: Brilliant cherry red to add nuances of orange with age
- Nose: Complex and intense bouquet of raspberries, wild honey, roasted hazelnuts, liquorice, dark chocolate and spices
- Palate: powerful but tamed with great fruit aromas, almost chocolaty soft, with a dash of acidity and tannin, giving this crianza freshness and structure.
- Drinking recommendation: Serve at 18 to 19° C until 8 years after harvest.
Organic wine - processing, Bodegas Bagordi, Rioja Navardia Crianza, DOC
The grapes for this organic Rioja come from the best vineyards, from the oldest vines with the lowest yield. Harvesting is done by hand, the greatest importance is attached to the rapid processing of the grapes to avoid any oxidation of the grapes or juice. The maturation of the young organic wine takes 12 months in French and American oak barrels. Before he gets to the market for the first time, he has to spend two full years in the bottle.
The wine at a glance
- Wine type: red wine
- Grape varieties: Garnacha, Graciano, Tempranillo
- Production area: Rioja
- Producer and bottler: Bodegas Bagordi
- Alcohol: 14 % vol.
- Quantity in liters: 0.75 l
- Vintage: 2018
- Shelf life: 5-6 years from vintage
- Aging: 12 month in French and Americain barriques
- Suitable for vegans
- Allergens: Contains sulphites
- Closure: natural cork
- Organic certified ES-ECO-025-NA.
- We otain this organic wine directly from the Bodegas Bagordi, 31261, Andosilla, Spain
For information and impressions of Bodegas Bagordi