1 l = 16.33 €
Quinta do Montalto, Aragonez Cepa Pura, Lisboa vinho regional, organic red wine, 2015/17, from € 11,75
The red organic wine Quinta do Montalto Aragonez Cepa Pura comes from the Lisbon region in the middle of Portugal. It was made from the grape variety Aragonez, which is called Tempranillo in Spain. It matures early, has a nice fresh color and fruity aromas that are expressed in this beautiful organic wine.
Silver medal wine challenge Selection
- Colour: concentrated ruby red color
- Nose: powerful stimulating aroma of black berries underlaid with spicy notes.
- Palate: very complex with aromas of wild berries and dark chocolate. Overall a very harmonious and pleasing organic red wine with nice structure and soft tannins.
- Serving suggestion: 16 to 18° C.
- Shelf life: 7 years from vintage
- Suited for vegans.
- Grape variety: Aragonez
- Alcoho: 14 % vol.
- Allergens: Contains sulphites
- Organic certification PT-BIO-02
- We source this wine from the Quinta do Montalto in 2435-439, Ourem, Portugal
Organic wine processing Aragonez Cepa Pura
After the manual grape picking the berries are separated from the panicles, easily bruised and fermented with the skins (Maischegärung). Then the young wine matures for 5 months in 225-liter barrels made of American and French oak.
For information and impressions of Quinta do Montalto