1 l = 16.67 €
Quinta do Montalto, Aragonez, Cepa Pura, Lisboa regional, organic wine, red, 2017, from € 12.10
The red organic wine Quinta do Montalto Aragonez Cepa Pura comes from the Lisbon region in the middle of Portugal. It was made from the grape variety Aragonez, which is called Tempranillo in Spain. It matures early, has a nice fresh color and fruity aromas that are expressed in this beautiful organic wine.
- Silver - International Organic Wine Award 2018 - Germany
- Gold - International Wine Award 2018 - Spain
- Gold - Catavinum World Wine & Spirits Competition 2019 - Spain
- Gold - International Organic Wine Award 2019 - Germany
- Silver - International Wine Award 2019 - Spain
- Silver - Catavinum World Wine & Spirits Competition 2020 - Spain
- Silver - International Wine Awards 2020 - Spain
Organic wine - profile
- Color: concentrated ruby red color
- Nose: powerful stimulating aroma of black berries underlaid with spicy notes.
- Palate: very complex with aromas of wild berries and dark chocolate. Overall a very harmonious and pleasing organic red wine with nice structure and soft tannins.
Organic wine - processing: Quinta do Montalto, Lisboa regional, Cepa Pura, Aragonez, red
After the manual grape picking the berries are separated from the panicles, easily bruised and fermented with the skins. Then the young wine matures for 5 months in 225-liter barrels made of American and French oak.
The wine a glance
- Type of wine: Red wine
- Producer: Quinta do Montalto
- Grape variety: Aragonez
- Wine processing: fermentatio in stainless steel, aging in barriques for 12 month
- Bottling: Quinta do Montalto
- Quantity: 0.75 l
- Closure: natural cork
- Vintage: 2017
- Serving suggestion: 16 to;18° C.
- Shelf life: 7 years from vintage
- Suited for vegans.
- Alcohol: 14 % vol.
- Allergens: Contains sulphites
- Organic certification PT-BIO-02
- We source this wine from the Quinta do Montalto in 2435-439, Ourem, Portugal
For information and impressions of Quinta do Montalto