1 l = 16.33 €
Quinta do Montalto, Cepa Pura Syrah, Lisboa vinho regional, organic red wine, 2015/17 from € 11.80
Syrah is a high-quality red grape with small berries, a thick shell with relatively little juice, but many aromas and flavors. The organic wine Quinta do Montalto Syrah Cepa Pura, Lisboa Regional is a good example of this and as you can see, it is not a blank slate:
- Silver Millesime Bio, Montpellier 2018
- Bronze International Wine Awards 2017 - Spain
- Silver Catavinum World Wine & Spirits Competition 2017 - Spain
- Silver International Wine Guide 2016 - Spain
- Silver Catavinum World Wine Spirts Competition 2016 - Spain
- Silver International Wine Guide 2015 - Spain
- Colour:concentrated ruby red
- Nose: dark berries
- Palate: complex variety of flavors with fresh, fruity notes of red and black berries
- Serving suggestion: 16 to 18° C.. Enjoy it now with dark meet, ripe cheeses, now or in 8 years.
- Suited for vegans.
- Grape variety: Syrah
- Alcohol: 13,5 % vol.
- Contains sulphites
- Organic certified PT-BIO-02
- We source this wine from the Quinta do Montalto in 435-439, Ourem, Portugal
Organic wine processing Syrah Cepa Pura
After the manual grape picking the berries are separated from the panicles, easily crushing, fermented with the skins in stainless steel tanks. Then the young wine matures for 9 months in 225-liter barrels made of American and French oak.
For information and impressions of Quinta do Montalto