Bioweingut Hofer, Gruener Veltliner Ried Kirchlissen Reserve, DAC, organic wine, white, 2018, ab € 15,45
Awarded - Gold medal Lower Autrian Wine Awards
Awarded - Gold medal International Organic Wine awards
Organic wine - profile
- Colour: bright, shiny straw yellow
- Nose: distinctly fruity and freshly scented
- Mouth: truly mouth-filling aromas, with a velvety soft texture, smooth
and creamy on the palate, with a trace of residual sugar that was not completely fermented. Its taste is long lasting.
- Drinking recommendation: truly mouth-filling aromas, with a velvety soft texture, smooth and creamy on the palate, with a trace of residual sugar that was not completely fermented. Its taste is long lasting.
Organic wine - processing, Bioweingut Hofer, Gruener Veltliner, Ried Kirchlissen, Reserve
The vineyards of the Hofer organic winery are located around the village of Auersthal, about 25 km north of Vienna. Here in the southern Weinviertel the landscape is slightly hilly and most of the viticulture is practiced here, with organic viticulture becoming more an cd more popular. The Hofer organic winery has been operating organic viticulture for many years and has been converting to biodynamic viticulture according to Demeter guidelines since 2019. This is not only about the production of tasty, pure organic wines, but also about protecting the environment. There are numerous nesting boxes for birds in the vineyards, and flowering nitrogen-producing plants grow between the rows of vines. The work in the vineyards is done jointly by all family members.
By the way, here you can also stop for a Heuriger, enjoy typical regional dishes and spend pleasant hours.Heuriger, enjoy typical regional dishes and spend pleasant hours..
What does the new DAC quality designation mean?
The term "Weinviertel DAC" describes the clear and recognizable character of the Gruener Veltliner in the Weinviertel with its popular "Pfefferl". DAC stands for "Districtus Austriae Controllatus" or "Austrian Appellation d'Origine Contrôlée". A Weinviertel DAC can only be the “Gruener Veltliner” of the Weinviertel region, which proves that it is typical for the region as a quality wine at blind tastings by an independent wine commission.
The real Gruener Veltliner from the Weinviertel is very pleasant to taste on its own; This of course includes typical Austrian dishes such as Wiener Schnitzel, cold dishes, vegetarian dishes or Southeast Asian cuisine.
The wine at a glance
- Wine type: white wine, with some residual sweetness
- Grape varieties: Gruener Veltliner
- Production area: Weinviertel
- Winery: Bioweingut Hofer
- Bottled: at the wine estate
- Netto-Weight in liters: 0.75 l
- Closure: Screw cap
- Vintage: 2018
- Shelf life: until 2024
- Certified vegan
- Analyse: Alcohol 13,5% vol., residual sugar, 7.5 g/l, Acid 6.2 g/l, SO2 total 125 mg/l.
- Allergens: Contains sulphites
- Organic certification: AT-BIO-302
- We obtain this wine directly from the Bioweingut Hofer, Neubaugasse 66, 2214 Auersthal Austria
- For informationen und photos from the Bioweingut Hofer