1 l = 23.33 €
Château Romanin rosé, Les Baux de Provence, biodynamic wine, 2018/19, from € 17.00
The Château Romanin rosé, biodynamic products, is a biological wine whose quality has considerably increased compared to PGI wine. It is full-bodied, its aromas and taste are more complex, it is a wine that will delight fans of good bottles.
Decanter bronce medal 89 points
- Color: Delicate salmon pink color.
- Nose: This classic Saint-Remy rose smells of white peach, dried fruits and bright flowers.
- Palate: This wine first impresses with its freshness and vivacity, then flatters the palate with a silky texture and leaves a pleasant and long lasting final note.
Vinification of organic rosé wine Les Baux de Provence
The different geological conditions present on the vineyards of Château Romanin were decisive during the planting of the vines. As a result, Grenache and Mourvèdre grapes were planted in 1991 on gravel soils (gravels and sand), followed by Syrah and Counoise on sandy-clay soils in 1992 and 1993 respectively. Production volume per hectare is low, which is a prerequisite in the production of quality wines. Harvesting is done by hand, and the grapes are then pressed gently. During a maceration at 10 ° C, the must clears and enzymes are released, which give the wine fruity notes. The liquid is then collected separately and fermented at a temperature between 18 and 20 ° C. This organic wine is then aged on lees in stainless steel vats for six months, during which it will undergo several batonnages.
The Wine at a glance
- Wine type: Rosé
- Production region: Les Baux de Provence, south of Saint Remy de Provence
- Grapes: 70% Grenache, 20% Cunoise, 10% Syrah
- Quantity: 0.75 l
- Vintage: 2018
- Tasting tip: by 2022
- Closure: cork
- Aging: stainless steel tank
- Producer and bottler: Château Romanin, 12310 Saint Remy de Provence, France
- Suitable for vegans
- Allergens: contains sulphites
- Alcohol: 13.5% vol.
- Association: Demeter
- Organic wine certified FR-BIO-01
For information and images of Château Romanin