1 l = 14.40 €
Domaine Deneufbourg "Olympe", Côtes Catalan, organic wine, white, 2017, from € 10.30
The Deneufbourgs cultivate the Marselan and Syrah vines on a sun-drenched mountain ridge, over which the Tramontan sweeps - a periodic, violent wind that drags moisture out of the vineyard, thus preserving the grapes from fungal diseases. From these grapes, the deep-dark Domaine Deneufbourg "Olympe" is created, which is very popular in France and it will also be well received by our customers.
- Color: dark garnet
- Nose: intense fruity bouquet of elderberry and blueberries, cherry, as well as black currants.
- Mouth: fresh, fruity taste, powerful and round
- Drinking recommendation: serve it with 16 ° C. Aeration in the glass or in a carafe over 2-3 hours makes this beautiful organic wine faster accessible, rounder and its tannins step into the background and its aromas become more perceptible. It will be storable for about 6 to 7 years if stored in a cool place
- Alcohol in% Vol .: 14%
- Grape variety: 50% Marselan, 50% Syrah
Organic wine making Olympe Côtes Catalan red
Corinne and Damien Deneufbourg started winegrowing in Roussillon in 2009, just as their Marselan plots yielded the first vintage. Today he is a pure variety or in this Cuvée Olympe Syrah has become your figurehead.
Both grape varieties grow on a sandy and loamy soil parcel that is exposed to the sun and the Tramontan wind.
The grapes, there are only 40 hl // hectares are harvested by machine at night at a cool temperature. In this case no disadvantage for the Quailtät of the wine, because the grapes are healthy thanks to the sun and the frequent wind and free rot and fungal infestation. They are processed separately to organic wine due to their different maturity. First, the grapes are separated from stems and panicles, squeezed and fermented for 14 days at controlled temperature and the must pumped regularly on the floating pomace (berry peel) so that it is always moist and the contents of it can dissolve and go into the wine.
After a maturing period of 12 months in a stainless steel tank, this wine is bottled in the cellar of Domaine Deneufbourg in November of the following year.
The wine at a glance
- Wine type: red wine, dry
- Grape varieties: 50% Marselan, 50% Syrah
- Production area: Roussillon
- Netto-Weight in liters: 0,75 l
- Vintage: 2017
- Shelf life: until 2022
- Expansion: 12 months in stainless steel tanks
- Closure: natural cork
- Allergens: Contains sulphites
- Producer and bottler: Domaine Deneufbourg at 66450 Pollestres, France
- Certified by FR BIO 001
- Member of AB, a French Association for Organic Agriculture (Agriculture Biologique) in France
For information and imprssions of Domaine Deneufbourg