1 l = 22.60 €
Domaine la Marseillaise, "Merveillement", IGP du Var, biodynamique white wine, Demeter, 2019, from € 16.55
Biodynamically produced wines have a certain something that other wines lack, they say. It is difficult to describe, perhaps it is the complexity and harmony of the Domaine La Marseillaise "Merveillement" wine that is exemplary of this?
Judge for yourself, we are curious about your opinion.
Biodynamic wine profile
- Color: light straw yellow
- Nose: intense spicy-fruity bouquet with floral accents
- Mouth: full-bodied, creamy and soft on the palate with haunting fruity aromas and a lot of taste that lasts a long time
Biodynamic wine processing, Domaine la Marseillaise, "Merveillement, white
The loam and sand-containing vineyard soil and the vines growing on it are processed and maintained with the greatest care according to the principles of biodynamic agriculture according to Demeter. The vines are 20 years old (Ugni Blanc) and 5 years (Vermentino and Viognier). The grape harvest, an average of 50 hectoliters per hectare, is carried out by hand and brought to the winery in 20 kg containers, where it is immediately de-stemmed, lightly squeezed and briefly macerated in contact with the berry peels. The fermentation starts spontaneously with the grapes' own yeasts. It lasts 4 weeks at a fermentation temperature of 18 to 20 ° C. This white wine then matures in stainless steel tanks for 3 months on its fine yeast, which is stirred regularly. It is not clarified with protein-containing agents, but only slightly filtered before filling the bottle.
Why is this high quality white wine just an IGT du Var and not a Côtes de Provence AOP? Because in addition to Ugni Blanc and Vermentino (Rolle), Viognier grapes were used that are not approved for a Côtes de Provence.
The biodynamic wine at a glance
- Wine type: red wine, dry
- Production area: Provence
- Winery: Domaine la Marseillaise
- Grape varieties: 50 % Viognier, 25 % Vermentino, 25 % Ugni blanc
- Fermentation and aging:
- Bottling: at the Domaine La Marseillaise
- Net-content in liters: 0,75
- Closure: natural cork
- Alcohol content in % Vol .: 13.5
- Vintage: 2019
- Shelf life: 4 years from vintage
- Suited for vegans
- Allergens: contains sulfites
- Certified organic wine FR-BIO-10
- We purchase this red wine directly from the Domaine la Marseillaise in
986 chemin de la navarre, 83260 La Crau, France
For information and images of Domaine la Marseillaise