1 l = 23.33 €
Château La Dorgonne, Merlot, Vin de Pays de Vaucluse, organic wine, red, 2015, from € 17,10
The regulations in the Luberon wine-growing region do not allow a Merlot grape wine to be offered as a quality wine, ie with the AOC or AOP attribute, and may only be sold as Vin de Pays, but the Château La Dorgonne Merlot has everything that makes a great organic wine.
Organic wine - profile
- Color :Intense, clear and brilliant ruby red colour.
- Nose:Merlot nose" with the scent of plums, black cherries and black currants.
- Palate:impressively rich and full bodied, seductive tasty with great aromatic intensity of ripe fruit and a very long finish.
- Drinking recommendation: enjoy it now or up to years after the harvest date.
Organic wine - processing, Château La Dorgonne, Merlot
The Merlot-grape derive from relatively young vines of an age of 11 years. Fermentation takes place within the whole berries and takes 30 days. Then, this wine is aged 18 months in oak barrels, which consist of one third new oak barrels.
The organic wine at a glance
- Wine type: red wine
- Region of production : Luberon, Provence
- Wine estate: Château la Dorgonne
- Grape variety: Merlot
- Vinification, aging: fermentation in stainless steel vats, 18 month agin in barriques
- Bottling: at the Château
- Quantity : 0.75 l
- Closure: natural cork
- Vintage: 2015
- Shelf life: up to 2025
- Alcohol : 13,5% vol.
- Allergens : contains sulphites
- Vegan suited
- Certified organic FR BIO 001
- We source this wine directly from Château La Dorgonne, 84240 La Tour d'Aigues, France
For information and images of Château La Dorgonne