1 l = 22.33 €
Domaine de Marcoux, Lirac AOP, Cuvée La Lorentine, organic red wine, 2014
If Robert Parker rates a wine with 90 points, then it is a wine of extraordinary complexity and character. In short, an excellent quality. The Lirac Cuvée La Lorentine from the Domaine de Marcoux is not a "mayfly", but an organic wine that counts every year to the top of its origin Lirac, north of Avignon
90 points Robert Parker
- Color: deep dark ruby red color with garnet shimmer at the glass edge
- Nose: fruity fragrant and spicy, delicious - red and black berry fruits
- Palate:already with the very first sip one can recognize the profound knowledge of the sisters Armenians of their vines and grapes, as well as their emotional winemaking in the cellar. The Cuvée La Lorentine presents itself with enchanting aromas of plums, dark cherries and hints of herbs and spices. The finale of this wonderful harmonious and expressive organic wine is infinitely long. In general, they say, wines from Lirac are lighter than wines of the eastern side of the Rhone. In some ways, this is true, but the sisters Catherine and Sophie Armeniens understand to combine finesse, elegance and power.
- Grape varieties: Grenache, Syrah, Mourvèdre
- Alcohol: 14.5 % vol..
Organic wine processing Lirac, Cuvée Lorentine
The manual grape picking allows a first sorting of grapes on the vine. They are transported in containers comprehensive 50 kg into the vineyard, controlled there on a sorting table again and sorted, then stripped from the stalks, slightly squeezed and macerated in cold temperature. This is followed by the fermentation with the grapes indigenous yeasts, without temperature regulation. During the fermentation process, the mash is pumped daily over the marc (skins and solids of berries) , so all components of the berries can be extracted. This organic wine then matures in concrete pools and in a short time in large, several times previously used wooden barrels. Bottling starts about one year after harvest.
The wine at a glance
- Wein-type: Red wine
- Grape varieties: Grenache, Mourvedre, Syrah
- Anbaugebiet: Rhône, Lirac
- Wine estate: Domaine de Marcoux
- Alcohol by % vol.: 14,5
- Net quantity in liter: 0,75 l
- Vintage: 2014
- Shelf life: till 2022
- Maturing: large wooden Barrels
- Closure: natural cork
- Bottler: Domaine de Marcoux, 84100 Orange
- Suited for vegans
- We source this wine directly from the Domaine de Marcoux in Orange, France.
- Certified organic FR-BIO-01
More information and photos of Domaine de Marcoux