1 l = 177.33 €
Domaine de Marcoux, Châteauneuf du Pape, Vieilles Vignes, organic wine, red, 2019
In this organic wine Domaine de Marcoux Châteauneuf du Pape Vieilles Vignes, the grapes used for this from vines that are almost 120 years old clearly show their superiority over the younger ones. Unfortunately, the harvest volumes are much lower, which justifies a higher price and offers maximum enjoyment.
Organic wine - profile
- Color: Vivid ruby red
- Nose: A potpourri of scents of fresh, ripe raspberries, cherries, but also notes of a spicy cherry cake stand out with clarity. With increasing ventilation one perceives mineral nuances.
- Mouth: wonderfully smooth and mild in the mouth, with a concentrated aroma of a raspberry-cherry liqueur, exotic, sweet spices. A dash of juicy acidity gives the wine freshness and backbone richness and delicacy ideally combine with precise, soft tannin in a long-lasting finish with a firm grip.
Organic wine production, Domaine de Marcoux, Châteauneuf du Pape, Vieilles Vignes
The Vieilles Vignes comes from two parcels: Charbonnières: 2.32 hectares planted with Grenache, but with a few other vines, including a little Mourvèdre. It is located on the northern promontory of the La Crau plateau. According to the vineyard register, the year of planting was 1900. The 1.13 hectare vineyard Les Esqueirons is located behind the castle on the western slope of the village hill in the village of Les Esqueirons. Both plots are harvested at the same time. The harvest is first sorted on the vine and then brought to the cellar in 50 kg boxes. There they are checked and sorted on a sorting table. No foreign yeasts are used for the subsequent fermentation. It lasts at least four weeks during which the mash temperature is regulated and pumped over daily. Only then is the mash pressed, separated from the pomace, subjected to malolactic fermentation and then matured in foudres or concrete containers.
The wine at a glance
- Wine type: red wine
- Area of production: Rhône - Châteauneuf du Pape
- Wine Estate: Domaine de Marcoux
- Grape varieties: Grenache 98% (Charbonnières) und 100% (Les Esqueirons) und small parts of Mourvedre and others.
- Fermentation: inconcrete tanks
- Aging: in concrete tanks and large wooden barrels
- Bottling: at the wine estate
- Quantity: 0.75 l
- Closure: natural cork
- Alcohol content: 16 % vol./li>
- Vintage: 2019
- Shelf life: untill 2035
- Suited for vegans
- Allergenes: contains sulfites
- Certified FR-BIO-01
- We source this wine directly from France
For information and images of Domaine de Marcoux