1 l = 39.33 €
Clos La Bohème, Cru Bourgeois, Haut Medoc AOP, organic red wine, 2012, from € 29,00
A Bourgois Cru is ranked 6th in the Médoc and costs only 5% of a Premier Cru. The Clos de La Boheme Cru Bourgois, Haut Médoc, is an excellent organic wine that provides at least 80% of the pleasure of a Premier Cru expressed in%. The judgments of the experts (see below) go in the direction of our impression of this excellent wine.
- 90 points from Neal Martin
- 90 points from the Wine Enthusiast
- Gold medal Challenge Wines Bio in Bordeaux 2015
- Gold medal challenge independent wine growers
- Gold medal Millesime Bio Montpellier 2016
- Colour: deep ruby, purple tinted
- Nose: clean and delicate olfactory profile, with rich aromas of black cherries, plums, spices such as vanilla, licorice, clove, and delicate toasty aromas.
- Palate: abundant spicy fruit, blackcurrant, blackberry, cranberry. Ripe and round tannins characterize a deep and lasting finish.
Vinification of Cru Bourgeois Haut Médoc
The manual harvest was carried out from 11 to 17 October 2012. The grapes were then lightly pressed during the period of cold maceration, then fermented for 6 weeks in large wooden vats. Finally, they were transferred to barrels (80% new), in which malolactic fermentation and ripening took place for 20 months. The wine was bottled on July 29, 2014.
The Wine at a glance
- Type of wine: dry red wine
- Production area: Bordeaux, Haut Médoc
- Quanity in liters: 0.75
- Vintage: 2012
- Lifespan: 15 years from the vintage
- Aging: in barriques
- Alcohol in% vol .: 13
- Allergens: contains sulphites
- Vegan suited
- Closure: natural cork
- Producer and bottler: Clos La Boheme, 33295 Blanguefort, Bordeaux, France
- We buy this organic wine directly from Clos La Boheme
- Organic wine certified by FR-BIO-10
- Clos La Boheme is a member of the Association of Organic Agriculture AB (Agrobiology)
More information and images on Clos La Bohème