Château Cormeil-Figeac "Petit Cormeil", Saint Emilion, organic wine in reconversion, 2019, from € 19,90
Coraline Monreaud: Since taking over the responsibility of our family winery Cormeil-Figeac in 2012, our property has been committed to the environment. This Cuvée Château Cormeil-Figeac "Petit Cormeil", to which no sulfur has been added, corresponds to our concept of responsibility towards the environment and sensitive connoisseurs. It is a manifesto of our actions that we would like to share with you.
Organic wine profile
- Color: dense garnet red color
- Nose: intense scent of red berries.
- Mouth: with freshness, full body and lovely, soft tannins. Very aromatic, long lasting taste.
- Drinking recommendation: enjoy it at approx. 15 ° C whenever you like, as an aperitif, during a meal, with cold dishes, with a strong farmhouse bread and a piece of Comté cheese. That sounds easy, but it is very, very good. You can drink it straight away or keep it for years.
Organic wine preparation Petit Cormeil Saint Emilion
Petit Cormeil Manual grape harvest, removing the stems and panicles from the berries, spontaneous mash fermentation with the yeast naturally on the grapes in the stainless steel tank. After the biological acid degradation has ended, the young wine does not mature in barriques, but in a stainless steel tank and is bottled as early as April of the following year. This is how this red organic wine with pure fruit was created, nothing but fruit and without wood, smoke, coffee, tea, smoked bacon or other aromas derived from a barrique.
The wine at a glance
- Wine type: red wine, dry
- Production area: Saint Emilon, Bordeaux
- Winery - Producer: Château Cormeil-Figeac
- Grapes: Merlot
- Fermentation and aging: in stainless steel vat
- Bottler: Original Cormeil-Figeac bottling
- Net fill volume in liters: 0.75 l
- Closure: natural cork
- Vintage: 2019
- Can be stored: until 2024
- Alcohol content: 13.5% vol.
- Suitable for vegans
- Allergenes: No sulfur has been added to this wine.
- Member of AB - Agrículture Biologique
- organic certified FR-BIO-01
- We obtain this wine directly from Château Cormeil-Figeac, SCEA DOMAINES CORMEIL-FIGEAC MAGNAN, 33330 Saint Emilion, France
For information and photos of the Château Cormeil-Figeac