1 l = 36.00 €
Buondonno, Syrah, Campo ai Ciliegi, Tuscany IGT, organic wine, red, 2017, from € 26.60
Syrah vines were originally at home in the northern Rhône, today you can find them wherever the climate is hot and dry. Why not in Tuscany too, where Gabriele Buodonno planted 2,500 vines on half a hectare in 1992. Today they are of a good age and produce delicious grapes and the wonderful Buondonno Syrah Campo ai Ciliegi.
Organic wine - profile
- Color: intense dark ruby red color with violet reflections.
- Nose: fresh, spicy scents of red and dark currants, blackberries, plums and a hint of violets increase curiosity about this wine.
- Mouth: the whole spectrum of the already perceived aromas literally fills the mouth, the typical acidity of the Syrah grape ensures freshness and the noticeable, round tannin for structure, a long aftertaste and a long shelf life.
- Drinking recommendation: enjoy this impressive wine at 16-18 ° C after decanting it or ventilating it in the glass for a long time.
Organic wine - processing, Buondonno,Syrah, Campo ai Ciliegi, Toskana IGT
The grapes come from a small, half a hectare large vineyard called Campo ai Ciliegi (cherry field), which was planted with 2,500 Syrah vines in 1992. They are harvested by hand from mid-September. Maceration and fermentation with the grape's own yeast takes 15 to 20 days. The malolactic fermentation and aging in barriques and tonneau took almost a year.
This red organic wine is only lightly filtered before it is bottled.
The organic wine at a glance
- Wine type: red wine, dry
- Production area: Tuscany
- Winery: Buondonno Casavecchia all Piazza
- Grape variety: 100 % Syrah
- Aging: Barrique and large barrel
- Bottling: at the wine estate
- Content: 0,75 l
- Closure: natural cork
- Vintage: 2017
- Shelf life: 10 years from vintage
- Alcohol: 14 % vol..
- Allergens: contains sulphites
- Certified IT-BIO-014
- We source this wine dierectly from Gabriele Buondonno, 53011 Castellina in Chianti, Italy
For information and images of Buondonno