1 l = 15.33 €
Mas Estela, DO Emporda, Rucada, biodynamic redwine, 2017
The grapes grow in a small valley that captures the sun's rays throughout the day, which are stored by the shale soil. It is a few kilometers from the Mediterranean and therefore the Mas Estela Rucada, Emporda DO can be described as very typical Mediterranean organic wine.
- Color: dark and dense ruby red
- Nose: intense aromas of red and black berries, cocoa, raisins and subtle sweetish spices (vanilla, anise, cinnamon).
- Mouth: Enormously powerful, with a high content of minerals, very sympathetic and warm in the mouth. The supposedly high alcohol content of 15% Vol. Is perfectly integrated in this Mediterranean wine and neither in the smell nor taste noticeable.
- Drinking recommendation: Enjoy this Rucada, the vineyard from which you can see the Mediterranean Sea, at 16 ° C. We have no experience for this wine in terms of its storability, but we assume by its quality that it is 6 Years from crop year can. This wine will probably not stay in any cellar for so long.
- Grapes: Grenache 95 %, Syrah 5%
- Alcohol in % Vol .: 15%
- This red wine was fermented with the grape's own yeasts, it was not beautified and not filtered.
Organic wine processing Rucada
The vines thrive at a height of 120 m on slate terraces that are supported by dry stone walls and should prevent the existing soil is washed into the valley. When cultivating the soil and cultivating the vines, the biodynamic rules are applied, which are also used in winemaking. The harvest takes place in the early morning in cool temperatures by hand. So that the grapes are not damaged before the actual pressing. They taken ti the winery for further processing in plastic case weighing not more than 18 kg. Since the vineyards are in the immediate vicinity of the Mas Estela, it take only a very short time to arrive there. Here, the berries are separated from the panicles, macerated at cold temperature in stainless steel tanks and fermented at 22 ° C only with the grape-own yeasts. This organic wine is bottled without further fining and filtering.
The wine at a glance
- Wine type: red wine, dry
- Grape varieties: Grenache 95%, Syrah 5%
- Production area: Emporda DO
- Net-weight in liters: 0,75 l
- Vintage: 2017
- Shelf life: until 2023
- Aging: in stainless steel tanks
- Closure: natural cork
- Bottler: Mas Estela, 17489 Selva de Mar, Emporda, Spain
- Suitable for vegans
- Allergens: contains sulphites
- This red wine is sourced from Mas Estela in 17489 Selva de Mar, Emporda.
- Biodynamic cultivation and vinification
- Organic wine certified ES-ECO-019-CT
French top chef and restaurateur who for 60 years was a permanent owner of a three-star restaurant and inventor of the "Nouvelle Cusisine", cookbook author, but also a profound wine connoisseur, has appreciated the wines of the Mas Estela very much. He and the team of his restaurant appreciated the wines of the Mas Estela very much and paid tribute to the owners Nuri, Didier and Didac as you can see on one of the photos.
For information and impressions of Mas Estela