Poggio Trevvalle, Morellino di Scansano Riserva, pure organic red wine, 2015


Poggio Trevvalle, Morellino di Scansano Riserva, pure organic red wine, 2015

Product no.: 1073

In stock
Delivery period 1 bis 2 days

19.95 / bottle(s)
Price incl. VAT, plus delivery
Delivery weight: 1.35 kg
1 l = 26.60 €

bottle(s)
1 l = 26.60 €

Poggio Trevvalle, Morellino di Scansano Riserva, "Larcille" organic red wine, 2015

This orgnic wine is named after the village Arcille, close to the vineyards.
Larcille is made from Sangiovese 
grapes with a small percentage of Cabernet and Grenache, all of which are harvested in a vineyard that  was planted in the late Seventies.

Dark purple red with violet hue and almost black center. Multi-layered fruit with hints of dark berries, plums and mild spices. On the palate well-structured with medium weight and good length.

Suited for vegans

Grape variety: Sangiovese 90 %, Cabernet Sauvignon & Grenache 10 %

 Alcohol 14,5 % vol.
Contains Sulfites

We source this organic wine directly from Poggio Trevvalle in Campagnatico - Italy

Organic wine certified ICEA B1910T0000

 

Organic wine processing

Grape picking by hand took place on September 30th

Alcoholic fermentation in temperature controlled stainless steel tanks (14° C start of fermentation, 28° C end)

Malolactic fermentation in oak barrels

Maturing 12 months in barrels of varying age and dimension, then a further 6 months in concrete tanks

Maturing in bottle at least 6 months before marketing

 

Poggio Trevvalle

The vineyard Poggio cultivates 14 hectares of vineyards. They are in the immediate vicinity and consist of more than 85 % of the grapes Sangiovese, Alicante. The remaining 15 % from Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot. The older vines are in a density of 3,000 per hectare, in the vine from 2,000 newly planted vines, the planting density is 6,000 per hectare.

The method of education Cordon Royat has its origin in France. The vines have a short trunk on which a single branch grows, which is tied to a wire.
So that good grapes can emerge, a healthy soil is an important prerequisite. Since the soil types in the Maremma differ within short distances, the type of cultivation must adapt. In general, the Valle brothers work as little as possible on the vineyards with heavy machinery to keep the soil permeable, elastic and non-dense. becomes.
The grape picking is doin by hand which guarantees that only the best fruits of the vines get into our wines.
 
Why organic?
 
Using the best traditional methods and modern scientific knowledge, Umberto and Bernardo Valle believe that it is important to work with nature and to find a healthy, reciprocal balance between agriculture and nature.
 
Visitors to the two brothers are asking again and again, what is the difference between organic wine and conventional wine? To summarize, it is mainly the treatment of soil and wine in the vineyard that is different and less of how the wine is treated in the cellar.
So that the soil remains healthy and naturally fertile, the vines are not only healthy, but also produced in the best quality for a first-class wine. In addition, the microfauna and flora in the soil and in the soil are promoted. In the vineyard, no chemicals are used so that no chemicals enter the grapes. In the winery do not use any of the additives that are contained in conventional wines. Also, the amount of sulfites used are far below the legally permitted dose. The end result is wines that reflect their origins - not the result of chemical manipulation!

For information and impressions of the organic vineyard Poggio Trevvalle

Additional product information

Included in the product 0.75

We also recommend

Tenuta San Vito, Chianti Colli Fiorentino DOCG, Darno, pure organic redwine, 2016
11.95 € / bottle(s) *
(1 l = 15.93 €)
Delivery weight: 1.35 kg
Cesani, Rosso Toscano IGT, SERISE, pure organic red wine, 20013
19.95 € / bottle(s) *
(1 l = 26.60 €)
Delivery weight: 1.35 kg
Torre alle Tolfe, Chianti Colli Senesi Riserva DOCG, pure organic wine, 2015
17.50 € / bottle(s) *
(1 l = 23.33 €)
Delivery weight: 1.35 kg
Corte Sant Alda, Valpolicella Superiore Ripasso DOC, "Campo Magri", organic redwine, 2015
23.50 € / bottle(s) *
(1 l = 31.33 €)
Delivery weight: 1.35 kg
Meloni Vini, "Vasca 50 " Sardegna IGT, organic red wine in gift box
28.50 € / bottle(s) *
(1 l = 38.00 €)
Delivery weight: 1.45 kg
*
Price incl. VAT, plus delivery

Browse these categories as well: Organic wines Tuscany, Organic Red Wine, Organic wine from € 10.00 to € 19.99, Organic wine vegan