1 l = 24.60 €
Quinta da Caldeirinha Syrah, Beira Interior DOP, pure organic red wine, 2013, from € 17.95
The Syrah vine is the dominant grape variety in the northern Rhône region and also produces great wines in Australia, where it is called Shiraz. But so far we did not have to travel to find a comparable organic wine from the Syrah grape. Because the Quinta da Caldeirinha Syrah from the northeast of Portugal is an excellent representative of this noble grape variety, which produces excellent wines in a climate with hot day and cool nights.
- Colour: Color: Purple red
- Nose: Blackberry fragrances, jam, dried, sweetish spices such as cinnamon and liquorice, restrained hint of barrique
- Palate: ;supple and mouth-filling aromas, the scent of which has been perceived with the nose, as well as silky tannins, good structure. Perfectly balanced with an infinite aftertaste.
- Serrving recommendation: 16 to 18° C is the ideal temperature for this powerful and sympathetic red wine. This wine is not filtered and beautified, so that after prolonged storage a slight depot (sedimant) can be produced in the bottle. In this case we recommend to keep the bottle upright before serving and pour it carefully into the glass or decant it beforehand.
- Shelf life: 10 to 12 years from the vintage.
- Suited for vegans
- Varietal: Syrah (Shiraz)
- Alcohol : 14 % Vol.
- Allergens: Contains sulphite
- Certified organic PT-BIO-03<<7li>
- We source this wine from the Quinta da Caldeirinha in Almofala, Figueira de Castelo Rodrigo, Portugal.
Organic wine processing Syrah
The vines thrive in terraced steep slopes on slate- and sandstone underground in the Douro National Park, which belongs to the wine region of Beira Interior and the subregion of Regiao de Castelo Rodrigo. The climate there is dry continental with meditterranen microclimatic influences.
The harvest is done by hand. To avoid damaging the grapes on their way to further processing, they are collected in small crates and transported for further processing to the winery. There, the berries are separated from the panicles. The fermentation of the grape juice is carried out within the whole berries. The young organic wine then aged for twelf months in French oak barriques.
Plus d'informations et des impressions de la Quinta da Caldeirinha