Château La Péyère, Medoc, pure organic wine, red, 2014
This red organic wine Château la Péyère Medoc comes from a family winery that was founded in 1979 in the north of the Medoc. It is of excellent quality and is very cheap in relation to it !
Organic wine profile
- Color: dense garnet red color
- Nose: intense scent of red berries.
- Mouth: with freshness, full body and lovely, soft tannins. Very aromatic, long lasting taste.
- Drinking recommendation: enjoy it at approx. 15 ° C whenever you like, as an aperitif, during a meal, with cold dishes, with a strong farmhouse bread and a piece of Comté cheese. That sounds easy, but it is very, very good. You can drink it straight away or keep it for years.
Organic wine preparation Medoc
The grapes come from vines that grow at a density of 6,600 vines / hectare on sandy gravel soil. They are in their prime between 35 and 50 years old, in a phase in which fertility and quality are in harmony. They are harvested manually and fermented during a 6-week maceration and fermentation period, as is usual in the Medoc. Only grape yeasts are used for this, which are essential for the terroir-specific character of the wine. This red wine then matures in Barrigues for 12 months. By decanting several times (decanting from one to another barrique) the solid matter remains. In the end, the wine is clear and can be bottled.
The organic wine at a glance
- Wine type: red wine
- Production area: Medoc, Bordeaux
- Winery - Producer: Château La Pèyère
- Grapes: 60% Cabernet Sauvignon, 30% Merlot, 7% Petit Verdot, 3% Cabernet Franc
- Fermentation and aging: in stainless steel vat
- Bottler: Original Château bottling
- Net fill volume in liters: 0.75 l
- Closure: natural cork
- Vintage: 2014
- Can be stored: until 2030
- Alcohol content: 13.5% vol.
- Suitable for vegans
- Allergenes: it contains sulfites
- Member of AB - Agrículture Biologique
- organic certified FR-BIO-01
- We obtain this wine directly from Château La Péyère, France
For information and photos of the Château La Péyère