1 l = 86.67 €
Château Romanin, Les Baux de Provence AOC, "Le Cœur de Romanin", biodynamic wine, red, 2009
The biodynamically produced Le Coeur de Romanin of the Château Romanin is an organic wine of the absolute top class. It owes its existence to a good vintage with ideal weather conditions, as well as every imaginable care in the vineyard and in the cellar.
- Colour: Le Cœur (heart) de Romanin shows a deep ruby red colour.
- Nose:The Cœur de Romanin spreads intense and surprisingly diverse aromas of dark chocolate, coffee, leather, which soon ripe with aromas of black cherries, dark berries and spices such as mint and a touch of incense into a symbiosis.
- Palate:Very rich and complex wine with lots of fruit, good structure, velvety soft, a fine nuance of wood and almost hidden mineral notes. Its meltingly soft, concentrated tannins ensure a long wine life. It’s a lively organic wine and biodynamic wine with a beautiful long finish. Its aging potential we estimate at 10 to 15 years.
- Grape varieties: Syrah, Mourvèdre, Cabernet Sauvignon and Grenache.
Organic wine processing Coeur de Romanin
The manually very carefully picked grapes for the Coeur de Romanin come from the best parcels of the Château Romanin. They were freed from the stems before they are fermented (3 weeks for Cabernet Sauvignon) and (4 weeks for Syrah and Mourvedre) in a traditional mash fermentation. During this time the mash or the must was regularly stirred and circulated, so that the on the Most floating marc (grape skins) in which polyphenols, flavors and tannins are better solved and can pass into the must / wine. Immediately after the alcoholic fermentation, follows the malolactic fermentation, in which the malic acid contained in this organic wine is converted to lactic acid. The subsequent aging takes place in large oak barrels and in barriques of different ages and duration.
The wine at a glance
- Wine type: red wine, dry
- Grape varieties: Syrah, Mourvedre, Cabernet Sauvignon and Grenache.
- Production area Les Baux de Provence, south of Saint Remy de Provence
- Netto-Weight in liters: 0,75 l
- Vintage: 2009
- Shelf life: until 2025
- Aging: in large barrels of oak and in barriques
- Closure: natural cork
- Producer and bottler: Château Romanin, 12310 Saint Remy de Provence
- Allergens: contains sulphites
- Château Romanin, biodynamic wine certified by FR-BIO-01, member of Biodyvin and Demeter
- We obtain this biodynamic wine directly from the Château Romanin at 12310 Saint Remy de Provence, France
For information and images of Château Romanin