1 l = 14.60 €
Château de Lascaux Languedoc AOC Garrigue, biodynamic wine, red, 2022, from € 10.55
The village of Vacquiéres, where the Château de Lascaux Languedoc AOC Garrigue is produced, is not that far from the Mediterranean Sea, Montpellier and Nimes, Yet it is a place of peace and quiet and nature is still intact. One cannot imagine any other place where biodynamic viticulture could succeed better.
Biodynamic Wine - Profile
- Colour: Garnet red with brilliant reflections.
- Nose: Aromas of dried figs, quince paste, garrigue and liquorice. A subtle and greedy fine nose.
- Mouth: Aromas of fresh red berries, spices (pepper) and garrigue (laurel, thyme), accompanied by a note of menthol. An aromatic mouth with velvety tannins.
Biodynamic wine - Made by Château de Lascaux, Languedoc AOC, garrigue, red
The vineyards are 130 m above sea level on a gently rising south-east slope. The soil consists of clayey loam and limestone fragments from the erosion of limestone rock, which has mixed with marl and marl-limestone, it is good at absorbing and storing water. In the Mediterranean climate with longer periods of drought, this ability has a very positive effect on the ripening of the grapes.
This vineyard, planted with the Syrah, Grenache and Mourvedre grape varieties, has been going organic since 2006 and since 2018 using biodynamic methods following the Demeter guidelines managed. In order to ensure the health of the grapes and to promote their natural potential for rich flavors and aromas, we use natural, self-produced compost, medicinal plant preparations, silica and horn manure. This also increases the fertility and biodiversity of the soil in the vineyards, but also the resistance of the vines to various unfavorable influences of climate change.
Depending on the plot, the grapes are harvested manually or by machine and completely destemmed. The actual winemaking begins with a 3 to 4 day maceration of the lightly crushed grapes and a 14 day alcoholic fermentation at a controlled temperature. The aging of this biodynamic wine in concrete tanks takes 6-8 months.
The biodynamic wine at a glance
- Wine type: red wine, dry
- Cultivation area: Languedoc Roussillon
- Winery - Producer: Château de Lascaux
- Grapes: Syrah 70%, Grenache 20%, Mourvedre 10%
- Fermentation and aging: 6 to 8 months in stainless steel tanks and large concrete tanks.
- Bottler: Château de Lascaux
- Content: 0.75 l
- Vintage: 2020
- Shelf life: until 2027
- Analysis: Alcohol 13.96% vol. Residual sugar 0.54 g/l, total acid 3.01 g/l, volatile acid 0.54 g/l, pH 3.66, total SO2 38mg/l, free SO2 30 mg/l.
- Allergenes: contains sulphites
- Biodynamic wine, Demeter wine
- Certified FR-BIO-01 and Demeter
For information and photos of the Château de Lascaux