Vins el Cep rosat de Terrer, organic wine, Origin Terrers, white, from € 7,45
Vins el Cep rosat de Terrer is a classic, dry and light organic wine that has not been added or removed except for a small amount of sulfur. So in the style of an original winemaking process and of course it was also bottled in the winery.
Organic wine - Profile
- Color: reddish, onion skin-colored.
- Nose: dfirst a delicate, mild bouquet that increases after a few minutes and releases notes of sweet red berries and violets.
- Mouth: youthful, fresh and fruity with a pleasant mouthfeel. Easy to drink.
- Drinking recommendation: serve this rosé at 9 ° C. if you like it with light dishes
Organic wine - making, Vins el Cep, rosat de Terrer, Origin Terrers
The cellar includes 100 hectares of vines, of which 30 hectares are cultivated biodynamically according to the criteria of the Demeter Association and 70 hectares in organic farming. Since the grapes of all winescome from vineyards resulting from organic and biodynamic agriculture, with a few exceptions, they cannot be declared as such according to the Demeter rules in force. Over the next few years, all the vineyards will be converted to biodynamic viticulture.
This wine comes from a Pinot Noir vineyard in Can Prats in Sant Llorenç d'Hortons, in the privileged area of Costers de l'Anoia. This vineyard was planted in 1990 and has since been cultivated and maintained according to ecological principles.
The 2020 campaign was difficult for Pinot Noir grapes and therefore only 25% of a normal harvest could be brought back. The harvest began on August 4 by hand with rigorous selection and rapid subsequent processing. The grapes slid into the press by gravity, initially 45 to 50% of the grape juice flowed from the grapes without pressure, the rest of the grapes were extracted with light pressure. This released enough red color from the berry skins that maceration was no longer necessary.
Subsequent fermentation in stainless steel tanks took place spontaneously with yeasts temperature-controlled natives.
The wine at a glance
- Type of wine: rosé
- Region of production: Penedes
- Bodega - Wine estate: Vins el Cep
- Variety: Pinot Noir
- Vinification: in stainless steel vats
- Bottling: Vins el Cep
- Quantity in Liter: 0.75
- Vintage: 2020
- Shelf life : 3 years from vintage
- Alcohol in % Vol.: 11,5 % Vol.
- Allergenes: contains sulfite
- organic certification: ES-ECO-019-CT
- We source this wine directly from Vins el Cep, Can Llopart Alzines, 08770 Espiells, Spanien
Information and photos from Vins el Cep