1 l = 21.27 €
Corte Sant Alda, Valpolicella DOC, "Ca Fiui" biodynamic wine, red, 2017, from 15.65
Corte Sant Alda is a family winery that produces this Corte Sant Alda Valpolicella "Ca Fiui" that impresses with its class and elegance. It is an organic wine produced according to the biodynamic rules of the Demeter Federation.
- Colour:Clear, shiny ruby red with a cherry red mark.
- Nose:The scents and aromas of this organic wine are spicy, mineral, but also notes of fruits such as cherries and red berries are added.
- Mouth: A very straightforward, direct wine, not a "soft flattery", but an excellent food companion that leaves a clear, intense flavour in the mouth. It has a nice complexity in the spicy notes, which combined with a certain rigor and fruit make an excellent red wine that can be a great accompaniment.
- Drinking recommendation: at 16° C, now until 2021
- Grape varieties: Corvina Grossa, Corvina Veronese, Rondinella, Molinara. Croatina, Rossara.
- Alcohol: 12.5 % vol.
Organic wine processing Valpolicella Ca Fiui
Ca Fiui has been known for centuries as a hilltop estate. Here, surrounded by vineyards and olive trees. The vineyards of Corte Sant Alda are exposed to the sun all day, providing mature grapes that give this Valpolicella character, strength and balance.
Corvina Grossa, Corvina Veronese, Rondinella and Molinara are the main grape varieties for this Valpolicalla, but there are also other local grapes added such as Croatina and Rossara. They all thrive in the vineyards of Tomasotti, Bianchini, Rossetti and Cavallero. Together, they cover 4.8 hectares, planted with 6,400 to 9,300 vines per hectare. Like all Corte Sant Alda vines, they are certified organic, but are farmed for several years using biodynamic methods.
The wine harvest is carried out traditionally by hand and begins in early October. The alcoholic fermentation in oak barrels begins spontaneously with the natural yeasts on the grapes. During this time, the skins of the berries are floating on the must are regularly stirred with the must. It follows the lactic acid fermentation and a 6 month maturation.
The wine at a glance
- Wine-type: red wine, dry
- Production area: Valpolicella, Veneto
- Winery: Corte Sant Alda
- Quantity in liters: 0,75 l
- Aging: in a large barrel
- Shelf life 5-6 years from the vintage
- Bottler: Corte Sant Alda at 37030 Mezzane di Sotto, Italy
- Closure: natural cork
- Allergens: Contains sulphites
- Certified IT-BIO-004
- Member of VinNatur, a natural winemaking association, and Demeter, a biodynamic agriculture association
- We source this wine from Corte Sant Alda in 37030 Mezzane di Sotto, Italy