1 l = 23.87 €
Bodegas Corisca, Rias Baixas DO, Albariño, pure organic white wine, 2019, from 17.50
From the wine region Rias Baixas come the best white wines of Spain. The organic wine from the Bodegas Corisca Rias Baixas DO is without a doubt. It is the first and only organic wine from this region and a great discovery.
- International wine contest "Best Ecodesign" 2021, www.premiosecovino.com
- Gold medal, la Guia de Vinos y Destilados de Galicia 2017 for the 2015 vintage
- IGreat gold, 2013 from the Galician Sommeliers Association
- Silver medal Challenge Millesime Bio Añada 2012
Organic wine - profile
- Color: straw yellow with a greenish, brilliant, clear sheen
- Nose: easily accessible, open aromatic scents of white fruits (peach, pear, apple) with a hint of fresh hay and ripe grapes based on a mineral base.
- Mouth: Its fresh style is just as positively noticeable as its perfectly balanced fruity aromas that make the mouth watery just by smelling it. Its long-lasting taste is characterized by the fresh and invigorating aromas of young apples, citrus fruits and white peaches. A high proportion of dry extract and the naturally present soft tartaric acid, as well as the maturation on the yeast with carried out stirring (batonnage) result in a really dry, seductively pure organic wine with a smooth and harmonious texture. In addition, it is neither too aromatic nor excessively structured and thus it enters into a "love marriage" with everything the sea offers us in the way of fish and crustaceans.
- Drinking recommendation: In the Rias Baixas wine region, where the Albariño vines thrive near the sea, an organic wine is produced that goes well with fish dishes, bowls and crustaceans like no other! Serve it at approx. 10 ° C within 6 years of the vintage.
Organic wine - processing, Bodegas Corisca, Rias Baixas Albariño
Each individual grape is harvested by hand and, at the same time, tested for quality and integrity, put in small plastic crates in which they are taken to the wine cellar for further processing. Here the berries are carefully separated from the panicles and stalks. Before pressing the berries, they are subjected to a maceration of 6 hours under a carbonic acid atmosphere, and then very gently pressed. The grape juice then rests for 48 hours at a low temperature of 13° C. The actual fermentation takes place in stainless steel tanks at 16 to 20° C. The maturation of the wine on its fine yeast takes 3 months. During this time a batonnage (stirring) takes place on a 2-day rhythm. For the clarification and filtration of the wine, bentonite (rock flour) but no protein of animal origin is used. Thus this organic white wine of Bodegas Corisca ;suitable for vegans.
The wine at a glance
- Wine type: white wine, dry
- Production area: Rias Baixas
- Producer and bottler: Bodega Corisca
- Grape variety: Albariño
- Fermentation and aging: in stainless steel vats
- Quantity: 0.75 l
- Closure: natural cork
- Vintage: 2019
- Shelf life: until 2026
- Alcohol: 12,6 % vol.
- Suitable for vegans
- Allergens: contains sulphites
- Bio-certified ES-ECO-022-GA
- We source this white wine from Bodega Corisca in 36470 Pontevedra, Spain
- More information and photos of Bodegas Corisca