1 l = 14.60 €
Château de Lascaux Languedoc AOC Garrigue, biodynamic wine, white, 2022, from € 10.55
The village of Vacquiéres where the Château de Lascaux Languedoc AOC Garrigue is produced is not so far from the Mediterranean Sea, Montpellier and Nimes, and yet it is a place of peace and quiet and nature is still intact. One cannot imagine any other place where biodynamic viticulture could succeed better.
Biodynamic Wine - Profile
- Colour: Pale with green reflections..
- Nose: Fruity aromas such as mango and ripe melon. Hints of apricot, citrus and acacia blossom. Great minerality.
- Mouth: Aromas of citrus, white fruit and peach. Round and rich wine, long-lasting aromas.
Biodynamic wine - Made by Château de Lascaux, Languedoc AOC, Garrigue, white
The vineyards are 130 m above sea level on a gently rising south-east slope. The soil consists of clayey loam and limestone fragments from the erosion of limestone rock, which has mixed with marl and marl-limestone, it is good at absorbing and storing water. In the Mediterranean climate with longer periods of drought, this ability has a very positive effect on the ripening of the grapes.
This vineyard is planted with 6,200 vines/hectare, the yield for this white Demeter wine was 39 hl/ha. It has been organic since 2009 and since< strong> Farmed in 2018 using biodynamic methods according to Demeter guidelines. Natural, self-produced compost, medicinal plant preparations, silicic acid and horn manure are used to ensure the health of the grapes and to promote their natural potential for rich flavors and aromas. This not only increases the fertility and biodiversity of the soil in the vineyards, but also the resistance of the vines to various unfavorable climate influences.
Depending on the plot, the grapes are harvested by machine or by hand. Completely destemmed. The pressing takes place after a short cold maceration. Clarification of the must by settling the solids, fermentation at cool, controlled temperature. Maturation of the Demeter organic wine in stainless steel tanks on the yeast for a period of 4 to 5 weeks.
An overview of the Demeter organic wine
- Wine type: white wine
- Cultivation area: Languedoc Roussillon
- Winery - Producer: Château de Lascaux
- Grape varieties: 35% Vermentino, 20% Roussanne, 15% white Grenache, 15% Clairette, 10% Marsanne, 5% Viognier
- Fermentation and aging: in stainless steel tanks
- Bottler: Château de Lascaux
- Content: 0.75 l
- Vintage: 2022
- Storage: until 2027
- Vegan suited
- Analysis: Alcohol 12.4% vol., residual sugar 1 g/l, total acid 3.07 g/l, volatile acid 0.30 g/l, pH 3.25, total SO2 72 mg/l, free SO2 22 mg/l..
- Allergens: contains sulphites
- Biodynamic wine, Demeter organic wine, certified FR-BIO-01
For information and photos of the Château de Lascaux