1 l = 30.00 €
Quinta da Caldeirinha, Vinha Velha, Beira Interior DOP, (old vines) organic wine, red, 2013, from € 22.10
The Quinta da Caldeirnha Vinha Velha was made from grapes that are up to 100 years old. Accordingly, their roots have deep dug through the stony and rocky soil, where they still find moisture in long-lasting heat and drought that they can absorb with the dissolved minerals and forward to the grapes. This resulted in a not everyday, concentrated and complex red organic wine.
Organic wine - profile
- Color: deep, brilliant red
- Nose: in this wine, rich, fruity-spicy flavors emerge as they only have wines that are made from very old vines.
- Palate: Concentrated fruit aromas of dark and red berries, of dried fruits, nuts, sweet spices like cinnamon and licorice. Velvety soft, ripe tannins and a long finish. A wine to remember.
Organic wine - processing, Quinta da Caldeirinha, Beira Interior DOP, Vinha Velha, red
The grapes for this organic wine come from a vineyard located at an altitude of 600 meters in the Douro National Park, which belongs to the wine region of Beira Interior, Subregion Regiao de Castelo Rodrigo.
The climate there is dry continental with Mediterranean microclimatic influences. The vines thrive on terraced steep slopes on slate - and sandstone underground where the grape harvest can only be carried out by hand. The grapes are separated from the panicles. The fermentation of the juice is very gently within the whole berry. The young red wine then aged for nine months in French oak barriques.
The wine at a glanc
- Type of wine: red wine, dryn
- Region of production: Beira Interior
- Producer: Quinta da Caldeirinha
- Varieties: Rufete, Mourisco, Alicante Bouschet
- Aging: in Barriques
- Bottling: at the Winery
- Quantity: 0.75 l
- Closure: natural cork
- Vintage: 2013
- Shelf life: 2023
- Alcohol in % Vol.: 14
- Allergenes: contains sulfites
- Certified PT-BIO-02
- We source this wine directly from the Quinta da Caldeirinha, Almofala, Figueira de Castelo Rodrigo, Portugal
For information and impressions of Quinta da Caldeirinha